ODK aggregate, google app deployment Java 8

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
For two years now, I have been using to google cloud platform to create projects, deploy it then I use ODK aggregate to manage the database. Now, google have upgrade to Java 8. Also with ODK aggregate 2.0 google app engine is not supported. However, am told from this platform to use the ODK aggregate 1 series so I can use google app engine.
First when I follow the old steps, ODK aggregate says url not found. thus myproject.appspot.com.
Now, I use the google cloud shell tutorial and my project is now hosted on the hello world whatever, meaning that myproject.appspot.com is working.
But when I use the ODK aggregate 1.4.15, it says that google app engine does not allow the deployment of Java 7 apps.

1. Now my question is, with the new java 8, how can I use ODK aggregate 1 series to host my app like I used to do?
  2. Is there any other way to create the app than use the google cloud shell where I use the marvin plugin to deploy the app?

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
Am using ODK aggregate 1.4 and the latest version of ODK collect. My operating system is windows 10

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.
<ApiError 400, Message: "Java 7 applications are prevented from being deployed to Google App Engine from any version of the SDK, including older ones. If you need to continue to deploy Java 7 applications for compatibility reasons, you can request that your application be whitelisted for Java 7 deployment by visiting https://goo.gl/forms/qxeXfigRMccwAvoj1">

@Raymond_Hodor Aggregate v1.7.1 will work on App Engine and supports Java 8. Can you give it a try?

Thank you....after downloading Aggregate v1.7.1 am able to use google app engine to create my aggregate server.
However, I will like to know how long I will be able to use the google app engine for my aggregate server since, that option is considered expensive hence its exclusion from recent ODK aggregate version.

Thanks again for the support....very helpful

Please read Upcoming changes to Aggregate.