ODK Aggregate log in

Hello,

I have faced some problem regarding administration login. I have forgotten username and password to log onto Aggregate.how could I resume them.

Regards
Bithi

Hi, @Badrun_Nahar!

I read here that you should re-run the installer. That would let you reset the super user's password. Make sure you make a backup of your data before. There's a good guide on how to do that here

Thank you for your reply. But I am afraid that I will not able to understand the whole process which seems to me sort of programming talk. I am not a programmer and I have not any knowledge of SQL.
is there any other way to resume it?
:thinking:

Regards,
Bithi

1 Like

Hi, @Badrun_Nahar!

OK, I'll try to make a simpler list of steps you should follow, but first I need to know more about your particular setup.

How did you install Aggregate? Are you on Google AppEngine or a local Apache Tomcat server? If so, what database vendor are you using? (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL)

Thank you for your cooperation. The ODK Aggregate I have used are on Google AppEngine and database vendor is java based. I have followed the link ODK Aggregate setup - #11 by iamnarendrasingh

Hope so you will find it helpful.

Regards,
Bithi

Thanks for the info, @Badrun_Nahar!

I'd need you to try pulling all data from your Aggregate server using ODK Briefcase. Could you try that, please? Here's the documentation: https://docs.opendatakit.org/briefcase-intro/

If that doesn't work, you'll have to backup your Datastore, which is a tad more complicated.

1 Like

I have kept back up of all my data. So I could follow your instruction. Waiting for your list so that i could re-install the aggregate again.

Regards,
Bithi

Hi @Badrun_Nahar!

Cool, so now we need to reinstall Aggregate using the installer. You can get it from here: https://github.com/opendatakit/aggregate/releases/tag/v1.6.1

Make sure you choose the variant for your operating system: mac, linux, or windows (ignore ODK-Aggregate-v1.6.1-VM.ova)

Run the installer following these instructions starting from step #11.

In step #16 you choose a username for the super user. Remember that to log into Aggregate with it (the assigned password will be aggregate).

1 Like

well do i need to uninstall the previous aggregate .if yes then how?

Regards,
Bithi

No need to uninstall. The installer "overwrites" your current installation.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Thank You .this instruction was really easy to understand.Now I can access in the admin site.
cheers!

2 Likes

I'm glad everything is back to normal :slight_smile: