ODK Briefcase export 0 submissions

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
When exporting data using ODK BriefCase, I obtain empty csv files. Export Status: "Exported 0 submissions". I first pulled data using same ODK BriefCase with success. I verified ODK Briefcase storage, form and instances are present.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
ODK BriefCase v1.11.0

Hi @Raoul, couple of questions for you.

1. Does the previous version of Briefcase (v1.10) work for you?
  2. In the folder with briefcase, there should be a briefcase.log file. Can you attach upload it

Hi @Raoul!

Did you use the date range filter for exporting? That could explain an empty output file.

1 Like

Hi @yanokwa & @ggalmazor

1. I tested with Briefcase v1.8.0, pull doesn't work
  2. I don't have briefcase log file in the folder
  3. I didn't use date range filter

Hi @Raoul,

For the latest version there should be a briefcase log file. Can you try to locate it in your laptop.
Get the latest program here, place it in a new / empty directory. Then launch it. You should see a new file there. See the screenshot below
If you can't, try launching the program from the command line, then attach the screenshot.

Am currently/actively using v1.8.0, and it works

Hi @dicksonsamwel & @yanokwa

here is the log file

briefcase.txt (984 Bytes)

@Raoul, if you don't mind sharing your data with me, can you please zip up the ODK Storage folder and email it to me (yanokwa@nafundi.com) so I can see if I can reproduce this problem?

1 Like

Hi @Raoul! Thanks for sending me the data. I am able to reproduce the issue and I'll be working with @ggalmazor to track down the bug and fix it. I've filed the issue at https://github.com/opendatakit/briefcase/issues/544.

Hi @Raoul!

We have detected what causes the problem and are already working on a solution. It's an easy fix that we should get merged soon.

Edit: We've created a PR with the fix.

@Raoul We've updated Briefcase with a fix. Please download the Briefcase v1.11.1 at https://github.com/opendatakit/briefcase/releases/latest and you should now be able to export your submissions.

Thanks so much for reporting this issue so we could fix it!

3 Likes

Hi @yanokwa & @ggalmazor

I downloaded v1.11.1 and export work fine now.

THANK YOU !!! :handshake::handshake:

4 Likes

Glad we could help!

When you get a chance, please introduce yourself here. It helps build community.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Export data failing on ODK Briefcase v1.11.2

Hi
i am having problems when exporting data using briefcase v1.15.

I receive "unexpected error. See logs and below is the logs details

briefcase log.txt (745.2 KB)