ODK Briefcase Export "Failed"

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I have pulled the forms from ODK Briefcase successfully and when trying to export, I have an error "FAILED" without no further description of the error. I have 2 forms. The export for the other one worked perfectly.
I have not changed the forms and I export every single day for one month now.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
I am using ODK Briefcase v.1.7.0 and java 8.

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have tried to remove the instances and restart the pull, then re export, but still the same error

Hi Johanna,

would you please try change the ODK Briefcase Storage Directory,

Best Regards

@Johanna_M have new instances been received in between your last successful export and the one that now fails?

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks.

Yes I had received new instances in between my last successful export and the one that now.
But I have resolved the issue: in new pull, I had 8 instances with failures (no information in the xml and pictures impossible to view). I deleted these instances and the export worked.

Still unresolved: how come were the instances created?

2 Likes

Glad you figured it out! Can you see those bad submissions in Aggregate? If so, what do they look like?

1 Like

I looked for the uuid of these submissions in Aggregate but I could not find them.

so the mystery remains on how these submissions were created.

Hi Johanna,

UUID is the instance ID you will find it the last field

you can click on "Display Metadata" if you want to know more information about your submission

Best Regards

Hello Nader,

Thank you
I have looked for these UUID in the way you described but couldn't find these uuid with failures. As if they were created by Briefcase...

Hi Johanna,

you are welcome.

in fact there is no "UUID" word to look for it it's instanceID

New Bitmap Image

if you pulled the submission via Briefcase inside the Briefcase Storage Directory you will find your form

withing your form you will find the instances inside it you will find the submission like this

d

Best Regards

From what I understand, @Johanna_M knows how to look for UUIDs but can't find the ones corresponding to the corrupt submissions! :ghost:

I've filed an issue to investigate this from the Briefcase side at https://github.com/opendatakit/briefcase/issues/188

2 Likes

@Johanna_M I wonder if these were submissions that were incomplete somehow. On your server, go to Form Management, then Submission Admin, then select your form. Do you see any submissions there?

And to confirm, you did not connect ODK Briefcase to an Android device or /odk folder, correct?

P.S. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself here. I'd also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

1 Like

Hello Yanokwa,

Thanks! I wull add a pic and introduce myself :wink:

No I didn't connect ODK briafcase to any device.
When I go the Form Management >> Submission Admni >> Form selected, I can see uncomplete submissions yes.

A post was split to a new topic: Export is failing for one of our surveys