ODK Build Export to XLSForm not working

Clint - I managed to get rid of all of the cascading questions and was able to export my questionnaire - thanks for your support!

Imran - I was hoping to not have to re-write everything I had already done from scratch, but the whole reason I was trying to export the questionnaire was so I could stop using ODK build and switch to xls form directly.

Thank you,
Nina

2 Likes

Hello. I have the same problem. Would be very grateful for any help with this issue. Details below.

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
Repeated attempts to use the "Export to XLSForm" feature in ODK Build results in the same error: "Something went wrong while exporting. Please try again later." I have tried with a simple test form containing only one question, not read-only, no cascade, not required, but the problem persists.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
ODK Build (532f8f781d070b6e82a2cf0ca7b3d454ec0ec7a3) on
Google Chrome Version 64.0.3282 on Windows 10 Home.

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Try exporting the test files I have linked below, to xls format:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PQ-fUUYFuYKCRL7echLqrCIdccZYiyF5?usp=sharing

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have tried the feature through other browsers, including Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer. I have also tried forms with and without submission URLs.

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.
Here is a screenshot of the error: