ODK Build generating invalid XForm

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I have constructed a form using ODKBuild. When I export to .xml and upload to ODK aggregate, I receive the following message:
"Error: Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form: org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKIncompleteSubmissionData: Javarosa failed to construct a FormDef. Is this an XForm definition?"
Also, when I use the upload form function in ODKBuild, I receive a similar message
"Could not upload the form. Aggregate could not validate the form contents. Please make sure your form is valid and try again."

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
I am using ODK Build and ODKAggregate on a Google Cloud Platform - App Engine Release 1.9.54. My laptop operating system is Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 64 bit

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
I would like to attach the xml file but am unable to as a new user. However, I have uploaded the xlsx file to google drive - please check out this link: https://docs.google.com/a/plaas.org.za/spreadsheets/d/1xcXiFu8-19MMtLwEev76hHlwRnGDRKlyhLwE3fPo2gs/edit?usp=sharing

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have tried to remove any cascading questions and have double-checked the "relevance" function - still can't figure it out.

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Looking at the xlsx form on gsheets, noticed the following odd formulation of the "relevance" function:
"($) and ({) and (c) and (t) and (r) and (y) and (i) and (d) and (}) and ( ) and (=) and ( ) and (') and (G) and (h) and (')"
This looks very strange...could this be causing the trouble I am seeing?

In the Google Sheets, for the relevant condition in cell 7G (question name: SurveyAreaGhana) I would think the cell value should be ${ctryid} = "Gh" and for 8G it should be ${ctryid} = "SA". It looks like none of the other relevant values are correct either. I'm not sure why it's not exporting correctly from ODK Build. I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with either Build or coding directly in XML. But here are details on the XLSForm spec and using relevant in an xlsx file.

2 Likes

Can you upload the XML file somewhere else for us to look at? Or the .odkbuild file?