ODK Build Update Mondays

This week's update should make a lot of you rather happy.

··· ==============

Now, when you create a Select One or Select Many control, in the options property pane there should be a new link that says "bulk edit". Click that link, and you'll get a new dialog that allows you to more easily write out all your options in all the languages you need to, as well as save and load presets for your form. This effectively lets you copy options from one Select to another. Bonus tip: keyboard navigation works like Excel: tab and shift-tab to move right and left respectively, and enter and shift+enter to move down and up.

I've also added a 'x' next to each form in the open forms dialog, which will allow you to delete forms. Somewhat relatedly, I made it a little clearer when that dialog is working away on something, for those of you on slower connections.

Lastly, there are a couple minor fixes to constraint logic in the update; those of you using inclusive ranges were likely running into XML parsing errors (thanks to Chris Buddenhagen for pointing me at this), and those of you using string ranges... well, those were probably never working. As per the recent thread with James Dailey, I've updated it to use regexes instead of... whatever it was doing before.

==============

Next week's update will feature more robust validation, as suggested by mklangeman, as well as some behind the scenes changes to support future features. I'll also look into some of these forms people have managed to make that break everything. Stop doing that! =)

Until next week,
—Clint

Hi Clint,

The bulk edit option is great. Thanks so much for including it.

However, I can't seem to save my presets, and therefore can't use the
full functionality at the moment. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong.
In the bulk edit pop-out, I put in my options (Yes, No, Don't know)
along with their values (1, 0, 99), then go to 'Save to presets'. I
type in the name I want to call my preset, and hit OK. However,
nothing changes on the bulk edit pop-out. It still says 'Choose a
preset: (none created yet)'. As such, I still have to retype my
options for the other questions.

Hopefully I'm just doing something incorrectly, and if you could
clarify, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

··· On May 10, 3:55 am, Clint Tseng wrote: > This week's update should make a lot of you rather happy. > > ============== > > Now, when you create a Select One or Select Many control, in the options property pane there should be a new link that says "bulk edit". Click that link, and you'll get a new dialog that allows you to more easily write out all your options in all the languages you need to, as well as save and load presets for your form. This effectively lets you copy options from one Select to another. Bonus tip: keyboard navigation works like Excel: tab and shift-tab to move right and left respectively, and enter and shift+enter to move down and up. > > I've also added a 'x' next to each form in the open forms dialog, which will allow you to delete forms. Somewhat relatedly, I made it a little clearer when that dialog is working away on something, for those of you on slower connections. > > Lastly, there are a couple minor fixes to constraint logic in the update; those of you using inclusive ranges were likely running into XML parsing errors (thanks to Chris Buddenhagen for pointing me at this), and those of you using string ranges... well, those were probably never working. As per the recent thread with James Dailey, I've updated it to use regexes instead of... whatever it was doing before. > > ============== > > Next week's update will feature more robust validation, as suggested by mklangeman, as well as some behind the scenes changes to support future features. I'll also look into some of these forms people have managed to make that break everything. Stop doing that! =) > > Until next week, > —Clint

Hi Nick:

What browser are you using? Also, what is your Build username and the name of the form you are editing?

Thanks,
—Clint
Hi Clint,

··· On Friday, May 13, 2011 at 9:05 AM, nick.marshall.cooper@gmail.com wrote: > > The bulk edit option is great. Thanks so much for including it. > > However, I can't seem to save my presets, and therefore can't use the > full functionality at the moment. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. > In the bulk edit pop-out, I put in my options (Yes, No, Don't know) > along with their values (1, 0, 99), then go to 'Save to presets'. I > type in the name I want to call my preset, and hit OK. However, > nothing changes on the bulk edit pop-out. It still says 'Choose a > preset: (none created yet)'. As such, I still have to retype my > options for the other questions. > > Hopefully I'm just doing something incorrectly, and if you could > clarify, it would be most appreciated. > > Thanks, > > Nick > > > > On May 10, 3:55 am, Clint Tseng wrote: > > This week's update should make a lot of you rather happy. > > > > ============== > > > > Now, when you create a Select One or Select Many control, in the options property pane there should be a new link that says "bulk edit". Click that link, and you'll get a new dialog that allows you to more easily write out all your options in all the languages you need to, as well as save and load presets for your form. This effectively lets you copy options from one Select to another. Bonus tip: keyboard navigation works like Excel: tab and shift-tab to move right and left respectively, and enter and shift+enter to move down and up. > > > > I've also added a 'x' next to each form in the open forms dialog, which will allow you to delete forms. Somewhat relatedly, I made it a little clearer when that dialog is working away on something, for those of you on slower connections. > > > > Lastly, there are a couple minor fixes to constraint logic in the update; those of you using inclusive ranges were likely running into XML parsing errors (thanks to Chris Buddenhagen for pointing me at this), and those of you using string ranges... well, those were probably never working. As per the recent thread with James Dailey, I've updated it to use regexes instead of... whatever it was doing before. > > > > ============== > > > > Next week's update will feature more robust validation, as suggested by mklangeman, as well as some behind the scenes changes to support future features. I'll also look into some of these forms people have managed to make that break everything. Stop doing that! =) > > > > Until next week, > > —Clint > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

Hi Clint,

Sorry, I guess my reply to just you didn't work. I'm using Chrome, but
I also tried it in Explorer and Firefox, without luck.

Username: nick.marshall.cooper@gmail.com
Form name: Caregiver

Thanks,

Nick

··· On May 13, 12:28 pm, Clint Tseng wrote: > Hi Nick: > > What browser are you using? Also, what is your Build username and the name of the form you are editing? > > Thanks, > —ClintOn Friday, May 13, 2011 at 9:05 AM, nick.marshall.coo...@gmail.com wrote: > > Hi Clint, > > > > > > > > > > > The bulk edit option is great. Thanks so much for including it. > > > However, I can't seem to save my presets, and therefore can't use the > > full functionality at the moment. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. > > In the bulk edit pop-out, I put in my options (Yes, No, Don't know) > > along with their values (1, 0, 99), then go to 'Save to presets'. I > > type in the name I want to call my preset, and hit OK. However, > > nothing changes on the bulk edit pop-out. It still says 'Choose a > > preset: (none created yet)'. As such, I still have to retype my > > options for the other questions. > > > Hopefully I'm just doing something incorrectly, and if you could > > clarify, it would be most appreciated. > > > Thanks, > > > Nick > > > On May 10, 3:55 am, Clint Tseng wrote: > > > This week's update should make a lot of you rather happy. > > > > ============== > > > > Now, when you create a Select One or Select Many control, in the options property pane there should be a new link that says "bulk edit". Click that link, and you'll get a new dialog that allows you to more easily write out all your options in all the languages you need to, as well as save and load presets for your form. This effectively lets you copy options from one Select to another. Bonus tip: keyboard navigation works like Excel: tab and shift-tab to move right and left respectively, and enter and shift+enter to move down and up. > > > > I've also added a 'x' next to each form in the open forms dialog, which will allow you to delete forms. Somewhat relatedly, I made it a little clearer when that dialog is working away on something, for those of you on slower connections. > > > > Lastly, there are a couple minor fixes to constraint logic in the update; those of you using inclusive ranges were likely running into XML parsing errors (thanks to Chris Buddenhagen for pointing me at this), and those of you using string ranges... well, those were probably never working. As per the recent thread with James Dailey, I've updated it to use regexes instead of... whatever it was doing before. > > > > ============== > > > > Next week's update will feature more robust validation, as suggested by mklangeman, as well as some behind the scenes changes to support future features. I'll also look into some of these forms people have managed to make that break everything. Stop doing that! =) > > > > Until next week, > > > —Clint > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en