ODK central: background-audio

Hi,

I recently started using ODK central. I am testing the forms with different TYPE. The "background-audio" type is showing error "The XLSForm could not be converted: Unknown question type 'background-audio'".

Yet, background-audio type not supported in ODK Central? Is there any other way to record back ground audio at ODK Central?

Hi @a.mit_pa, and welcome to the ODK forum! When you have a chance, I'd encourage you to introduce yourself here. Doing so helps build community!

The background-audio type is pretty new. background-audio was introduced to XLSForms more recently than the latest release of ODK Central, so ODK Central does not directly support it yet. The next version of Central will add direct support for it by updating to the latest version of pyxform. In the meantime, you can upload your form to Central by first converting it to XML, then uploading that XML file to Central. See here for how to convert your XLSForm to XML. This will allow you to test the background-audio type.

2 Likes

Hi @Matthew_White , I have introduced myself and also got information about the community. Thank you for sharing the link.

I will read this "XLSForm to XML conversion link". I hope that I will learn about it soon.

1 Like