1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I have geotrace fields that are getting truncated at 255 by ODK central
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK collect and ODK central
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
bind::odk:length does not seem to work
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
See attached sample
geotracev3.xlsx (21.1 KB)
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
A follow-up. I upload the same form on kc.humanitarian.... and the truncation is not happening. My wish is to work with ODK central.
Truncation used to happen with Aggregate but there's nothing in ODK Central that would explain truncation. I've just successfully collected 36 points with 1632 characters. Can you please share a screenshot or where you are seeing truncation?
Thanks @LN. Indeed I have gone back and checked. I was opening the CSV file with excel and it wouldn't process beyond 256. It thus appeared truncated. Processing with python shows all data is in. Thanks for looking in to it though.
How did you process your data with python can you share your code?
@iamnarendrasingh Its part of a bigger process converting the geotrace/geopoint to shapefile.
data.csv (83.4 KB)
process.txt (5.5 KB)