ODK Central Internal Server error: 500

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
When uploading a new form to our ODK Central environment, this results in an internal server error (500). However, when I try to upload a small form just for testing purposes, this is still possible and no internal server error is given.

The new form is written in Excel (XLSX) and I can successfully convert this form to an XLM file.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Central client V1.2.2
ODK Central server V1.2.1

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Tried uploading a smaller and easier form which was successful.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
I can attach my form. Possibly this is causing the error?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
Did someone else experienced this problem before? Is the internal server error caused by the contents of my new form?

Thank you,

What are the specifications of your server environment? It might not have enough RAM or some issue like that.

Thanks for your reply.

The issue is resolved in the meantime. The cause of the issue was a search function within the XLM form. This function contained a spelling error and that caused the internal server error.

@coenecorys Can you please attach the form that broke the server? Was it the preview that broke or something else?

1 Like

xls_test.xlsx (25.6 KB)

Hi Yaw,

See the Excel file attached. Please note the error was caused by an incorrect search statement in cell F14. The error message I received is below:

2 Likes

thank you for the report. the error message for this problem should be more helpful in the future. look for a patch in the next release.

3 Likes

This should now be fixed in v1.3. Thank you for reporting this issue!

1 Like