ODK Collect Form with Loops and Google Sheets

I have a form with loops. It runs ok with ODK Aggregate but when i try with Google Sheets, ODK Collect says: It's not support (loops)

I'm using ODK Collect 1.9.1

Is it my fault? Any way to do it?

Hi @jlsevillano,

Welcome to the ODK Forum and Community!

Please use the below template for your post. That way community members get enough information to be in a better position to assist you.

What is the problem? Please be detailed.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

We would like to learn more about yourself, what you do, your interests, projects you are working … please introduce yourself. Whilst you are it, please add a profile picture.

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I have a form with loops. It runs ok with ODK Aggregate but when i try with Google Sheets, ODK Collect says: It’s not support (loops)

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
I’m using ODK Collect 1.9.1 and Geo Data Collect 1.1.7 ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hosm.odk.collect.android )
I test it on Asus ASUS_Z00AD - Android 5.0

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
If you create a survey with loop and you decide to send the responses to Google Sheets, the ODK App display an error: name="google_repeat_error" and stop the sending.

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.
I created and XLSX form and generate a XLS . Both uploaded into Google Drive (you need to add the submission url in settings tab). After that i configurated my ODK Collect App to connect to My Google Account (Google Drive/Google Sheets), get the Blank Form...collect data (with loop) and if you try to send the data...the app display the error. (I attach the XLS)

I think the problem because in spreadsheet you don't have a conroller (ODK Aggregate)

When we use spreadsheet
It's like writing to excel file directly so each field in the form has one in the spreadsheet.

But odk aggregate can parse loops then write the result in the database.

I test it with SMAP (like to ODK aggregate) and everything runs perfect.

My intention is not use SMAP sever...try to use (only) Google Drive / Google Sheet.

Of course, with SMAP if i export data (XLS format or CSV format) each loop generate 1 row.

I'm going to try to write to excel file directly and on the reponses sheet with column names but I don't hope anything.

I tried writing directly and same error display. :confused:

If you try it but with loop...you are going to have the error:

Am sorry my english is not good
If you want to use loops i think you have to use Aggregate Server.

Best regards

no problem my english is not good neither.

I'm going to try Aggregate Server too.

But I hope to do it directly with G Drive.

Thanks!

Your welcom

Best regards

Hi @jlsevillano,

I think Google drive supports simple forms. I am on mobile right, I will confirm what is supported tomorrow

1 Like

Hi Ronald,
thank you we will appreciate that

Best Regards

Thanks a lot!!!

Best Regards

The Google Sheets integration does not currently support loops/repeats. If you'd like to see that implemented, please vote on the feature description at Repeat groups and google sheets upload - #2 by LN and/or see if you can find anyone who would like to contribute it!

3 Likes

Thanks Hélène...i did it...
If i ll find someone to contribute....I'll say here.

Br,

2 Likes