ODK Collect with custom name and branding

Pardon my English. It is not first language.

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I using ODK Collect for my organization but have been at problem when Enumerators in the field using ODK Collect for other org too. I need my org app with my branding and "Server" info.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Collect. v1.28.4

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Tried QR Code method but it not useful. Enumerators make mistake and blame us.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
NA

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
NA

Hi @dominic.chaz1

Welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!.

Please can you clarify more, what kind of mistake do they make? Also, why do you think custom name and branding will eliminate the mistake?

If you really want to rebrand ODK, please checkout the odk website and request a quote from there as there will be some cost to do this. https://getodk.org/

Thanks.

1 Like

Apologies for the late reply and not being clear the first time.

The Enumerators make mistake in the URL, or ID or Password and keep complaining that they have done everything correct and it is system's fault. Basically there has been a lot of resistance moving from paper based forms to the digital forms.

So we were looking for a solution such that we can at least bring them to the Data Entry Form directly rather than requiring any configurations to be done.

With Central, they don’t have to enter any of this information. They just scan the barcode. https://docs.getodk.org/central-users/#configuring-an-app-user-mobile-device

QR Code scanning is also a good option. It would get the app automatically configured.

The only thing which I find problematic here is to get the remotely located Enumerators to scan the QR Code. @yanokwa Can you please tell how people in the actual world share this information.