opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Google Groups
Topic digest
View all topics
ODK Briefcase - can't see instances - 1 Update
HELP WITH SCORE CALCULATION - 6 Updates
ODK Briefcase - can't see instances
Mitch Sundt mitchellsundt@gmail.com: Jan 24 05:05PM -0800

I am having difficulty understanding what you are asking.

ODK Briefcase supports:

(1) PULLing data into the ODK Briefcase Storage Location.

(2) PUSHing data to ODK Aggregate from the ODK Briefcase Storage Location.

(3) EXPORTing data in CSV format to a set of files

It sounds like you are trying to do (1) -- PULLing from a set of
directories that you have copied off of a device. To do that, you need to
have an 'odk' directory that contains a 'forms' and an 'instances'
subdirectory.
When using the "Custom Path to ODK Directory", choose this "odk"
directory.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com
HELP WITH SCORE CALCULATION
Karisa Kazungu kkarisah@gmail.com: Jan 23 11:07PM -0800

Hey all,

I am stuck at the point where I need to calculate the score in the
attached
Excel ODK sheet. I have 10 questions in the sheet hence the score is out
of
10 marks (each question is 1 point).

I have tried the calculate function but I think the formula is wrong.
Kindly help me in getting the right formula.
In the choices tab I have highlighted the right answers in yellow meaning
if the respondent chooses that answer, then he/she gets a point (1 mark).
How do I write the formula in a way that will pick the right answer as 1
point and calculate out of 10 so that one can get 4,5,6, or whatever
point
they get depending on how they answer the questions.

Thanks in advance.
Angelo Lazzari angelo.lazzari@redtulp.com: Jan 24 07:30AM

Hi,
if i understood correctly this example can do what you need, doesn't it?

Every option has a number value and at the end you sum the responses
values.

check it on https://enketo.org/formtester

Let me know!

Angelo

Karisa Kazungu kkarisah@gmail.com: Jan 24 01:03AM -0800

Thanks Angelo,

I can see your form but I need you to correct the form I have attached.
That way I will understand better. And I tried using the Enketo tester
but
it keeps loading and no reply. Kindly assist.

This is the message I get when I submit the form
on http://opendatakit.org/xiframe/

Error: ODK Validate Errors: org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParseException:
Invalid calculate for the bind attached to "${Score}" : Couldn't
understand
the expression starting at this point: ...'1', $Dancing?}, 0)+ /ODK_HA...
in expression count ${Favourite_movie} , if( ${Favourite_movie} '9',
${Favourite_movie} , 0) + ${Favourite_colour} , if( ${Favourite_colour}
'7', ${Favourite_colour} , 0) + ${Dancing} , if( ${Dancing} '1',
$Dancing},

··· > Il giorno Sat Jan 24 2015 at 08:07:25 Karisa Kazungu ha scritto: > 0)+ ${Born} , if( ${Born} '7', ${Born} , 0)+ ${Family_number} , if( > ${Family_number} '5', ${Family_number} , 0)+ ${Favourite_car} , if( > ${Favourite_car} '2', ${Favourite_car} , 0)+ ${Dream_house} , if( > ${Dream_house} '2', ${Dream_house} , 0)+ ${Meeting_month} , if( > ${Meeting_month} '5', ${Meeting_month} , 0)+ ${Tribe} , if( ${Tribe} '5', > ${Tribe} , 0)+ ${Games_sports} , if( ${Games_sports} '3', ${Games_sports} , > 0) >> XForm is invalid. See above for the errors. Result: Invalid > > Thanks in advance. > > On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10:30:04 AM UTC+3, Angelo Lazzari wrote: > Angelo Lazzari : Jan 24 12:49PM > > Hi Karisa, > i checked your calculate formula, but... i really don't understand what > you're trying to achieve with it... > It think, before create a complex formula, that we can firstly check the > login on just one variable... for example: > > count ${Favourite_movie}, > if(${Favourite_movie} '9', > ${Favourite_movie}, 0) > > What are you trying to represent? Do you have a question with select_one > and you have to check witch is the answer value? > > Anyway in the formula there are a lot of sintax errors...the correct sintax > would be: count(nodeset).... and if(condition,do if true, do if false) for > the if... ... you can check everything here > https://opendatakit.org/help/form-design/binding/... > > I suggest you to create a simple form with just 2 response and try to > experiment there ... > > Bye, let me know > Angelo > > > > > > > > > > > Il giorno Sat Jan 24 2015 at 10:03:01 Karisa Kazungu ha scritto: > > Karisa Kazungu : Jan 24 10:08AM -0800 > > Hi Angelo, > > Okay this is what I want the calculate formulla to do. > > count ${Favourite_movie}, > if(${Favourite_movie} '9', > ${Favourite_movie}, 0) this means if am right that it should give a > point as 1 when the person chooses option 9 as the answer . if they choose > the other options then that should be translated as a zero point rather no > point at all. > > If I had a form with questions with select_one then it would be easier to > do the calculate formula. but my questions are different. they have > select_one but with different answers. I wanted to ask all those questions > but at the same time to put a score out of 10 so that they can answer the > 10 questions, each with a different answer. > > Again am not that of a guru on ODK so even this - count(nodeset).... and > if(condition,do if true, do if false) will take time to understand not > unless I see it used in the excel sheet. even the other syntaxes i need to > practice. I dont know if I have elaborated well or I have compounded the > issue. > > Thanks. > > What are you trying to represent? Do you have a question with select_one > and you have to check witch is the answer value? > > Anyway in the formula there are a lot of sintax errors...the correct sintax > would be: count(nodeset).... and if(condition,do if true, do if false) for > the if... ... you can check everything here > https://opendatakit.org/help/form-design/binding/. > .. > > I suggest you to create a simple form with just 2 response and try to > experiment there ... > > > > On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 3:49:32 PM UTC+3, Angelo Lazzari wrote: > Angelo Lazzari : Jan 24 08:58PM > > ok, i think you are missing something. > > If you create a select_one response named for example "response_1" and you > put this question with this answers: > > Which is your favorite movie? > > Blade Runner (choice name column = 1) > Top Gun (choice name column = 2) > Alice in wonderland (choice name column = 3) > > if the user will select Top Gun the variable response_1 will contain 2, and > if he/she choose Blade Runner, the response variable response_1 will > contain 1... > > the next question is: > > Which is your favorite food? ( response_2 is the variable name) > > Pasta (choice name column = 1) > Pizza (choice name column = 2) > Fish and Chips (choice name column = 3) > > If you user check the third option the response_2 will have the 3 value... > > So in another calculate field you can consider easily each value and apply > you logic, i mean for example: > > if(${response_1} = 1,'Yeah!! You like Blade Runner like me', if(${response_1} > = 2,'ups, i don't like Top Gun','Alice in wonderland is my sun favorite')) > > you can put the response_2 variable in that field too...for example: > > if ( ${response_1} = 1 and ${response_2} != 3,'things...','other > things').... > > is it a bit clear now? > > Bye > Angelo > > > Il giorno Sat Jan 24 2015 at 19:08:45 Karisa Kazungu ha scritto: > > Back to top > You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

For questions about using Microsoft Excel, search for an answer on the web.

e.g., searching Google for

Microsoft Excel carriage return

gave:

··· On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 6:11 PM, Sam almansoob wrote:

Can you tell me the steps in excel to correct errors happened when write
Enter or Semi colon
بتاريخ ٢٥‏/٠١‏/٢٠١٥ ٤:١٧ ص، جاء من opendatakit@googlegroups.com:

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com