[ODK Community] Invisible recording of start time and end time are not appearing

Look at the "eIMCI by D-Tree" form on opendatakit.appspot.com

You need to define a binding for your hidden values. The eIMCI does exactly
this with these bindings:

  <bind nodeset="/imci/Meta/TimeStart" type="xsd:dateTime"

jr:preload="timestamp" jr:preloadParams="start" />

I haven't played around with this enough to know exactly how the end time
is set.

··· On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM, wrote:

I have created forms and I want to the form to record the start time and
end time without having the operator do it. Therefore I decided to put them
as invisible but when I do that the times don't appear when I look at the
data in aggregate and the data is just blank. Does anyone know why is that
happening?

--
Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Hey Mitch,

I tried what you told me but it is still coming blank on aggregate. I have
attached a copy of my XML file can you please take a look at it to see what
I'm missing.

thanks so much

Operator.v.10.xml (2.03 KB)

··· On Thursday, July 5, 2012 6:55:55 PM UTC-5, Mitch wrote: > > Look at the "eIMCI by D-Tree" form on opendatakit.appspot.com > > You need to define a binding for your hidden values. The eIMCI does > exactly this with these bindings: > > jr:preload="timestamp" jr:preloadParams="start" /> > jr:preload="timestamp" jr:preloadParams="end" /> > > I haven't played around with this enough to know exactly how the end time > is set. > > On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM, wrote: > >> I have created forms and I want to the form to record the start time and >> end time without having the operator do it. Therefore I decided to put them >> as invisible but when I do that the times don't appear when I look at the >> data in aggregate and the data is just blank. Does anyone know why is that >> happening? >> >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitchellsundt@gmail.com >

You didn't correctly modify these binds to work with your form. You needed
to set the nodeset to whatever was appropriate for the fields in your form.

Attached is the change -- the type needed to be dateTime in what you have.

Mitch

Operator.v.10.xml (1.87 KB)

··· On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Nabil mansouri wrote:

Hey Mitch,

I tried what you told me but it is still coming blank on aggregate. I have
attached a copy of my XML file can you please take a look at it to see what
I'm missing.

thanks so much

On Thursday, July 5, 2012 6:55:55 PM UTC-5, Mitch wrote:

Look at the "eIMCI by D-Tree" form on opendatakit.appspot.com

You need to define a binding for your hidden values. The eIMCI does
exactly this with these bindings:

  <bind nodeset="/imci/Meta/TimeStart" type="xsd:dateTime"

jr:preload="timestamp" jr:preloadParams="start" />

I haven't played around with this enough to know exactly how the end time
is set.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM, nabil.mansouri@gmail.com wrote:

I have created forms and I want to the form to record the start time and
end time without having the operator do it. Therefore I decided to put them
as invisible but when I do that the times don't appear when I look at the
data in aggregate and the data is just blank. Does anyone know why is that
happening?

--
Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@**googlegroups.comopendatakit%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/**group/opendatakit?hl=enhttp://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

--
Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com