[ODK Community] Re: Log in not possible - differences between 1.0.2 and 1.0.3?

No -- please start a different thread. It is easier to track progress
toward resolution if the threads are separate.

In this case, the two issues appear very different.

If you still have them, can you send your catalina logs for when the 1.0.3
server was not allowing logins to Google, and for when it was?
Send these to mitchellsundt@gmail.com directly, not to the opendatakit list.

Mitch

··· On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:00 AM, LETSGO CeLeKT wrote:

Update:

I tested "...@googlemail.com" and "...@gmail.com", neither was
successful with Aggregate v1.0.3.

But then I deployed an old ODK Aggregate Server (v.1.0 Prod) and the
After that I could update ODK Aggregate to v1.0.3 and the log in still
works fine.

Hope that helps.

On Dec 21, 10:24 am, LETSGO CeLeKT letsgo.sp...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

I hope it's ok to use this thread and add our "log in issues".
We set up a clean installation of ODK Aggregate (1.0.3) on our
production server (Ubuntu 10.04 Server).
The installation of Tomcat, PostgreSQL and ODK Aggregate worked
without problems. But now we cannot log in to ODK Aggregate.
All we get is:
"HTTP Status 401 - Authentication Failed: Unable to process claimed
identity 'https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id'"

This error page is shown directly without any loading time. And it
doesn't matter if we are already logged in to Gmail etc...
I checked the logs to make sure that we specified the correct
"superUserEmail". And it is the right one. (....@googlemail.com)

Are there any differences between an ODK Aggregate on Windows and
Linux? Because our test system is running fine on Windows 7. So I knew
how to set up an Aggregate server and wasn't expecting any problems...

Regards!

On Dec 19, 6:43 pm, Mitch S mitchellsu...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi John,

You specified john.m.pre...@gmail.com instead of john.m.preuss@
googlemail.com during your install process. You will need to re-run
the
installer and specify the correct e-mail address.

From the Logs:

org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.UserServiceImpl
afterPropertiesSet:
superUserEmail: mailto:john.m.pre...@gmail.com

FYI, the logs are available from the dashboard viahttps://
appengine.google.com
Click on the "Logs" heading on the left sidebar.
On the logs page, choose to view all requests.

You can then search for 'afterPropertiesSet' to see what configuration
values you specified during the installation( the Realm string is the
'ODK
Aggregate Instance Name' supplied to the installer, with " ODK
Aggregate"
appended to it).

Mitch

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 11:29 PM, John-Martin Preuss < john.m.pre...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Problem not solved,
just invited you,
thanks

On Dec 17, 6:22 pm, Mitch S mitchellsu...@gmail.com wrote:

Also, I just noticed that the upload script can report SUCCESS
when it
fails due to a bad username/password combination. Be sure the
script
reports completion %'s and numbers of files uploaded.

Mitch

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Mitch S <mitchellsu...@gmail.com wrote:

Note that the super-user eMail must match exactly -- since Google
reports "
john.m.pre...@googlemail.com", you MUST use that all-lower-case
string.
I.e., specifying "John.M.Pre...@googlemail.com" during the ODK
Aggregate
configuration process will cause your login to fail.

If that isn't an issue, if you get the Authentication Failed
during the
Google sign-in, then it is typically a problem with your e-mail
address or
password not being recognized by Google.

Try this:

Open your browser, log out of any Google account you're using.
Close all your browser windows.
Open your browser, and log into this account (
john.m.pre...@googlemail.com),
then, open a URL to your aggregate instance.
Does that change anything?

I have not experimented with Google Accounts Multiple Sign-In.
Are you
using that? (i.e., do you have multiple user accounts on Google
and
have
them tied together so you can share a common login process?).
This
might
also be tripping up the logic on the ODK Aggregate side.

Otherwise, you can invite me to be a Developer on your appEngine
instance
and I'll see if I can see anything wrong in the logs. See:

http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/AppEngineTroubleshooting

Mitch

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 11:10 PM, John-Martin Preuss < john.m.pre...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Okay, I tried this. Problem! I think, yesterday I actually
signed my
googlename and password and everything in. Then I was asked if
I gave
them authorization for my email and stuff and I confirmed. The
only
problem, I never got directed to the site. And when I click on
sign in
with google they never actually let me sign in. they directly
tell me
this: Error: Authentication Failed: account not recognized.
i checked the logs and everything. anyhow, it doesnt work.
could there
be a certificate missing or anything?
hope for a soon reply
thanks

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsu...@gmail.com

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsu...@gmail.com

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsu...@gmail.com

--
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

or file a bug on the bug tracker so we don't irritate the rest of the
people on the list :slight_smile:

··· On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 10:39, Mitch S wrote: > No -- please start a different thread. It is easier to track progress > toward resolution if the threads are separate. > > In this case, the two issues appear very different. > > If you still have them, can you send your catalina logs for when the 1.0.3 > server was not allowing logins to Google, and for when it was? > Send these to mitchellsundt@gmail.com directly, not to the opendatakit list. > > Mitch > > On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:00 AM, LETSGO CeLeKT wrote: >> >> Update: >> >> I tested "...@googlemail.com" and "...@gmail.com", neither was >> successful with Aggregate v1.0.3. >> >> But then I deployed an old ODK Aggregate Server (v.1.0 Prod) and the >> log in worked fine (in my case with a "...@gmail.com" superUserEmail). >> After that I could update ODK Aggregate to v1.0.3 and the log in still >> works fine. >> >> Hope that helps. >> >> >> On Dec 21, 10:24 am, LETSGO CeLeKT wrote: >> > Hi, >> > >> > I hope it's ok to use this thread and add our "log in issues". >> > We set up a clean installation of ODK Aggregate (1.0.3) on our >> > production server (Ubuntu 10.04 Server). >> > The installation of Tomcat, PostgreSQL and ODK Aggregate worked >> > without problems. But now we cannot log in to ODK Aggregate. >> > All we get is: >> > "HTTP Status 401 - Authentication Failed: Unable to process claimed >> > identity 'https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id'" >> > >> > This error page is shown directly without any loading time. And it >> > doesn't matter if we are already logged in to Gmail etc... >> > I checked the logs to make sure that we specified the correct >> > "superUserEmail". And it is the right one. (....@googlemail.com) >> > >> > Are there any differences between an ODK Aggregate on Windows and >> > Linux? Because our test system is running fine on Windows 7. So I knew >> > how to set up an Aggregate server and wasn't expecting any problems... >> > >> > Regards! >> > >> > On Dec 19, 6:43 pm, Mitch S wrote: >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > Hi John, >> > >> > > You specified john.m.pre...@gmail.com instead of john.m.preuss@ >> > > googlemail.com during your install process. You will need to re-run >> > > the >> > > installer and specify the correct e-mail address. >> > >> > > From the Logs: >> > >> > > org.opendatakit.common.security.spring.UserServiceImpl >> > > afterPropertiesSet: >> > > superUserEmail: mailto:john.m.pre...@gmail.com >> > >> > > FYI, the logs are available from the dashboard >> > > viahttps://appengine.google.com >> > > Click on the "Logs" heading on the left sidebar. >> > > On the logs page, choose to view all requests. >> > >> > > You can then search for 'afterPropertiesSet' to see what configuration >> > > values you specified during the installation( the Realm string is the >> > > 'ODK >> > > Aggregate Instance Name' supplied to the installer, with " ODK >> > > Aggregate" >> > > appended to it). >> > >> > > Mitch >> > >> > > On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 11:29 PM, John-Martin Preuss < john.m.pre...@googlemail.com> wrote: >> > > > Problem not solved, >> > > > just invited you, >> > > > thanks >> > >> > > > On Dec 17, 6:22 pm, Mitch S wrote: >> > > > > Also, I just noticed that the upload script can report SUCCESS >> > > > > when it >> > > > > fails due to a bad username/password combination. Be sure the >> > > > > script >> > > > > reports completion %'s and numbers of files uploaded. >> > >> > > > > Mitch >> > >> > > > > On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Mitch S wrote: >> > > > > > Note that the super-user eMail must match exactly -- since >> > > > > > Google >> > > > reports " >> > > > > > john.m.pre...@googlemail.com", you MUST use that all-lower-case >> > > > string. >> > > > > > I.e., specifying "John.M.Pre...@googlemail.com" during the ODK >> > > > Aggregate >> > > > > > configuration process will cause your login to fail. >> > >> > > > > > If that isn't an issue, if you get the Authentication Failed >> > > > > > during the >> > > > > > Google sign-in, then it is typically a problem with your e-mail >> > > > address or >> > > > > > password not being recognized by Google. >> > >> > > > > > Try this: >> > >> > > > > > Open your browser, log out of any Google account you're using. >> > > > > > Close all your browser windows. >> > > > > > Open your browser, and log into this account ( >> > > > john.m.pre...@googlemail.com), >> > > > > > then, open a URL to your aggregate instance. >> > > > > > Does that change anything? >> > >> > > > > > I have not experimented with Google Accounts Multiple Sign-In. >> > > > > > Are you >> > > > > > using that? (i.e., do you have multiple user accounts on Google >> > > > > > and >> > > > have >> > > > > > them tied together so you can share a common login process?). >> > > > > > This >> > > > might >> > > > > > also be tripping up the logic on the ODK Aggregate side. >> > >> > > > > > ---- >> > > > > > Otherwise, you can invite me to be a Developer on your appEngine >> > > > instance >> > > > > > and I'll see if I can see anything wrong in the logs. See: >> > > > > >> > > > > > >http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/AppEngineTroubleshooting >> > >> > > > > > Mitch >> > >> > > > > > On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 11:10 PM, John-Martin Preuss < john.m.pre...@googlemail.com> wrote: >> > >> > > > > >> Okay, I tried this. Problem! I think, yesterday I actually >> > > > > >> signed my >> > > > > >> googlename and password and everything in. Then I was asked if >> > > > > >> I gave >> > > > > >> them authorization for my email and stuff and I confirmed. The >> > > > > >> only >> > > > > >> problem, I never got directed to the site. And when I click on >> > > > > >> sign in >> > > > > >> with google they never actually let me sign in. they directly >> > > > > >> tell me >> > > > > >> this: Error: Authentication Failed: account not recognized. >> > > > > >> i checked the logs and everything. anyhow, it doesnt work. >> > > > > >> could there >> > > > > >> be a certificate missing or anything? >> > > > > >> hope for a soon reply >> > > > > >> thanks >> > >> > > > > >> -- >> > > > > >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> > > > > >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> > > > > >> Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> > >> > > > > > -- >> > > > > > Mitch Sundt >> > > > > > Software Engineer >> > > > > > University of Washington >> > > > > > mitchellsu...@gmail.com >> > >> > > > > -- >> > > > > Mitch Sundt >> > > > > Software Engineer >> > > > > University of Washington >> > > > > mitchellsu...@gmail.com >> > >> > > -- >> > > Mitch Sundt >> > > Software Engineer >> > > University of Washington >> > > mitchellsu...@gmail.com >> >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitchellsundt@gmail.com > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en