[ODK Developers] Seeking help based on your post on ODK

Unfortunately, the multiple values is a problem unless you embed them
in a string or something. ODK Collect is built on top of JavaRosa
which is generally designed to take one input per question. In special
cases like GPS there has been some extra values built in. You will
need to write some custom code to save multiple values into your xform
from one widget.

In ODK 2.0 we have solved this limitation; however, ODK 2.0 tools are
in alpha and are no where near being ready to be released.

Waylon

··· On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 6:12 AM, wrote: > I am working on a small project using ODK. My query is related to your post below :- > > https://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/wiki/XFormControlExtensionProposal > > The app is quite simple where the user enters a phone number on one of the ODK pages , and we have to show the details of the user (Name and Qualifications etc fetched from an external database ) in the subsequent pages. > > I am implementing it in the following manner :- > > 1)Have a question that asks for a phone number. > 2)The phone number is sent to an external “widget” as you call it. > 3)The widget would then call the external webservice and fetch the result. > 4)The widget then returns the parameters of name and phone number to ODK > 5)ODK form then populates variables using the values that were returned from the widget > 6)The variables are then used to print the parameters in the following ODK questions. > > I have gone through the breathCounter example in detail and I should be able to handle all the processing in the external widget. > > basically all want to do is sending some data to external application and retrive multiple values from external app and display them. > > If anyone can guide me in this it would be really great help. > > Regards, > Karan > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Developers" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out. > >