ODK Publish query - error message when trying to publish

Hello, I'm having difficulty publishing my data from ODK aggregate, I keep getting the message:

Error: RequestFailureException (com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.TokenResponseException: 401 UNAUTHORIZED { "error" : "invalid_client", "error_description" : "The OAuth client was not found." })

I've gone through all the steps to create an OAuth 2 account from this website:
https://opendatakit.org/use/aggregate/oauth2-service-account/

However, I was stuck on point 23, as "Manage service accounts" was not an option available for me to click. Any advice?

Many thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi,

The documentation you are following is not up to date, please this link. Google keeps changing its set up panels; therefore, the actual situation may vary from the screenshots on the documentation.

Thanks,
Imran

2 Likes

Hi Imran,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I followed the steps to create an OAuth2 Service account that you recommended and have had some success, where I can now ‘visualize’ the map in aggregate.

However, I still cannot publish the data and I get the same error message, see here:

Thanks again,
Helen

1 Like

Hi Helen,

Great to know, you can see the maps! Regarding the error in publishing data to fusion table, let's wait for someone to come up with a solution.

Thanks,
Imran

I have searched and searched for how to resolve my problem of not being able to publish my data, but nothing seems to be working...

I have collected data on ODK Collect and uploaded it to Aggregate online. I have turned on the relevant API keys and it seems that my credentials (OAuth 2.0 and my API key) are registered correctly in ODK Aggregate. Yet when I go to 'publish' my data, I get this message:

Can anyone please help me on this? I'm entirely stuck. One point of note is that when I went through my aggregate set up it didn't ask me for my email as the final step. Not sure if this is relevant?

Many thanks!

Hi,

Due to duplication of a post, this post has been moved to the similar topic you have created previously. Thanks for your understanding.

Imran

Hi!

I am still having difficulty with this though and no one has been able to
support me so far. I have collected over 200 surveys in the field and
everything is working apart from the 'publish' part....I'm really hoping
the data I've spent weeks collecting isn't useless now.

What can I do about this? Is there anyone I can turn to for advice? I'm
even willing to pay for their time!

Thanks