ODK Scan

Hi All,

I’ve been playing around with ODK Scan for the last few days. After getting
the Template Maker and XLSX Converter installed thanks to Mitch, I’ve been
able to build my own form and test out the scan app.

There are a few issues I’m coming across. I’m wondering if anyone else has
had similar issues or might have suggestions on how to resolve these issues:

•   Scan recognition/form alignment – Following the instructions on 

how to avoid mistakes in the app, I haven’t been able to achieve accurate
scan results. I’ve tried numerous forms including two examples provided by
the developers (chore example and health vaccination example). I understand
that the scan recognition will not always be 100% accurate but I think the
biggest issue I’m facing is getting the form aligned with the scan
recognition. The colored boxes seem to be shifted to the left and for
example, keep missing the last tally bubble. Lastly, I thought it might be
the way I've constructed my forms that is causing the inaccuracy. I've also
tested it with the chore and health vaccination examples. In the chore
example, I was not able to get to the “process form” stage so I couldn’t
see if the scan recognition was working properly; it kept sending me back
to the main page. Below, I’ve provided a few screenshots and attached
the XLSX form.

Attendance_scan_form.xlsx (12.7 KB)

··· - - When I try to “Export to Collect” in order to generate an XML file, I get a message box with this error: “org.json.JSONException: No value for segments” so I’m not able to continue on to the next step of post-processing entry. I know that I have string and numeric fields that need to be manually entered. Is there something I need to do with above syncing Collect and Scan before they can work together? If it helps, I’m running Collect 1.4 and Scan 1.23.

Thanks for any help you can provide and let me know if I can help provide
anymore specifics.

Cheers,

Andrew

This image is of the aligned form

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-MAV4fyDHURM/UgH333CGnlI/AAAAAAAAAXM/wUQ2hqXoJ_o/s1600/aligned.jpg

This is of the aligned form with the scan recognition markup.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/--Y_meCNvzz8/UgH38OCE-bI/AAAAAAAAAXU/EXKa5E-1_kE/s1600/markedup.jpg

Hi Andrew,
I'm wondering where you got your version of Scan. There is a version here
in the repo (0.7) that should be less buggy:
https://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/source/browse/bin/scan.apk?repo=scan
Scan hasn't been officially released, and I'm not sure what future plans
are for it since I'm no longer working on it.
Regards,
-Nathan

··· On Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:39:25 AM UTC-7, Andrew Pham wrote: > > Hi All, > > I’ve been playing around with ODK Scan for the last few days. After > getting the Template Maker and XLSX Converter installed thanks to Mitch, > I’ve been able to build my own form and test out the scan app. > > There are a few issues I’m coming across. I’m wondering if anyone else has > had similar issues or might have suggestions on how to resolve these issues: > > > - Scan recognition/form alignment – Following the instructions > on how to avoid mistakes in the app, I haven’t been able to achieve > accurate scan results. I’ve tried numerous forms including two examples > provided by the developers (chore example and health vaccination example). > I understand that the scan recognition will not always be 100% accurate but > I think the biggest issue I’m facing is getting the form aligned with the > scan recognition. The colored boxes seem to be shifted to the left and for > example, keep missing the last tally bubble. Lastly, I thought it might be > the way I've constructed my forms that is causing the inaccuracy. I've also > tested it with the chore and health vaccination examples. In the chore > example, I was not able to get to the “process form” stage so I couldn’t > see if the scan recognition was working properly; it kept sending me back > to the main page. Below, I’ve provided a few screenshots and attached > the XLSX form. > - > - When I try to “Export to Collect” in order to generate an XML > file, I get a message box with this error: “org.json.JSONException: No > value for segments” so I’m not able to continue on to the next step of > post-processing entry. I know that I have string and numeric fields that > need to be manually entered. Is there something I need to do with above > syncing Collect and Scan before they can work together? If it helps, I’m > running Collect 1.4 and Scan 1.23. > > Thanks for any help you can provide and let me know if I can help > provide anymore specifics. > > Cheers, > > Andrew > > > This image is of the aligned form > > > > > This is of the aligned form with the scan recognition markup. > > > > > > >

How can i install odk scan, does anyone post any link?

··· On Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:09:25 PM UTC+4:30, Andrew Pham wrote: > Hi All, > > > I’ve been playing around with ODK Scan for the last few > days. After getting the Template Maker and XLSX Converter installed thanks to > Mitch, I’ve been able to build my own form and test out the scan app. > > > There are a few issues I’m coming across. I’m wondering if > anyone else has had similar issues or might have suggestions on how to resolve > these issues: > > > Scan recognition/form alignment – Following the instructions on > how to avoid mistakes in the app, I haven’t been able to achieve accurate scan > results. I’ve tried numerous forms including two examples provided by the > developers (chore example and health vaccination example). I understand that > the scan recognition will not always be 100% accurate but I think the biggest > issue I’m facing is getting the form aligned with the scan recognition. The > colored boxes seem to be shifted to the left and for example, keep missing the > last tally bubble. Lastly, I thought it might be the way I've constructed my > forms that is causing the inaccuracy. I've also tested it with the chore and health vaccination examples. In the chore example, I was not able > to get to the “process form” stage so I couldn’t see if the scan recognition was working > properly; it kept sending me back to the main page. Below, I’ve provided a few screenshots and attached the XLSX form. > > When I try to “Export to Collect” in order to generate an XML file, I get a > message box with this error: “org.json.JSONException: No value for segments” so > I’m not able to continue on to the next step of post-processing entry. I know that I have string and numeric fields that need to be manually entered. Is there > something I need to do with above syncing Collect and Scan before they can work > together? If it helps, I’m running Collect 1.4 and Scan 1.23. > > > > > > > Thanks for any help you can provide and let me know if I can help provide anymore specifics. > Cheers, > Andrew > > > This image is of the aligned form > > This is of the aligned form with the scan recognition markup.

Thanks.

··· On Monday, November 3, 2014 9:19:27 AM UTC+4:30, abdulw...@gmail.com wrote: > > On Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:09:25 PM UTC+4:30, Andrew Pham wrote: > > Hi All, > > > > > > I’ve been playing around with ODK Scan for the last few > > days. After getting the Template Maker and XLSX Converter installed > thanks to > > Mitch, I’ve been able to build my own form and test out the scan app. > > > > > > There are a few issues I’m coming across. I’m wondering if > > anyone else has had similar issues or might have suggestions on how to > resolve > > these issues: > > > > > > Scan recognition/form alignment – Following the instructions on > > how to avoid mistakes in the app, I haven’t been able to achieve > accurate scan > > results. I’ve tried numerous forms including two examples provided by > the > > developers (chore example and health vaccination example). I understand > that > > the scan recognition will not always be 100% accurate but I think the > biggest > > issue I’m facing is getting the form aligned with the scan recognition. > The > > colored boxes seem to be shifted to the left and for example, keep > missing the > > last tally bubble. Lastly, I thought it might be the way I've > constructed my > > forms that is causing the inaccuracy. I've also tested it with the chore > and health vaccination examples. In the chore example, I was not able > > to get to the “process form” stage so I couldn’t see if the scan > recognition was working > > properly; it kept sending me back to the main page. Below, I’ve > provided a few screenshots and attached the XLSX form. > > > > When I try to “Export to Collect” in order to generate an XML > file, I get a > > message box with this error: “org.json.JSONException: No value for > segments” so > > I’m not able to continue on to the next step of post-processing entry. I > know that I have string and numeric fields that need to be manually > entered. Is there > > something I need to do with above syncing Collect and Scan before they > can work > > together? If it helps, I’m running Collect 1.4 and Scan 1.23. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks for any help you can provide and let me know if I can help > provide anymore specifics. > > Cheers, > > Andrew > > > > > > This image is of the aligned form > > > > This is of the aligned form with the scan recognition markup. > > >