ODK TAB Call - 2020-09-16

These calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee for the ODK suite (@TAB) to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TAB members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wed, 16-09-2020. The meeting time should be shown in your timezone above.

The agenda can also be seen in the agenda document

If there are topics you would like to add to the TAB's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

Could we discuss the status longitudinal data collection briefly? The Carter Center has a new use case for this that may have some funding attached.

1 Like

I see you've got Central on the agenda. The Central v1.1 criteria are available in this Google Doc. This release focuses on completing some work that was left from past feature development and polishing the user experience. The two improvements I think will have the highest user impact are reducing initial load time and allowing users to show additional columns in the submission table.

I won't be able to look at Selecting a map feature to collect data about for a bit though I'll be sure to catch up if others advance the conversation. My current priority is getting Collect v1.28 out (we're working through a couple more regressions), then addressing Briefcase push to Central with multiple form versions.

1 Like

Now that @ln is back from her stay-cation, I can setup a time to do a bit of a deep-dive to try and push this along a bit... I assume you'd like to join?

2 Likes

We should probably talk about the upcoming website launch!

oh, btw, its that time of the year again: daylight savings begins Sept 27 in New Zealand, ends Oct 25 in Switzerland, Nov 1 in USA... :scream: