ODK TSC 1 Call - 2020-01-08

These calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee for the ODK suite (@TSC-1) to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wed, 8th January 2020. The meeting time should be shown in your timezone above.

The agenda is tentatively as follows:

Introduction/warm up/agenda review
Review action items from last meeting:
a) Dan circle back around with TSC, especially Yaw/Hélène review Eva’s feedback.

  • 1 week to finalize internal brand survey
  • 1 week to get responses. Ask maintainer and maybe forum staff and TSC to answer questions.
  • Schedule a discussion around responses.
  • Reduce the questions
  • No analysis plan
  • Make an instrument
  • Send out to TSC/mods/maintainer
  • We review the raw text
  • Forum discussion
  • Pick a name by Jan 22nd.
    b) Yaw: To talk to ODK-X about their website and dates of transition
    c) Yaw: Share with ODK-X and prepare it for the public.

d) Transition planning check-in

  • The internal branding survey

The agenda can also be seen in the agenda document

If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

1 Like

Happy 2020, everyone! :tada:

I had it in my notes that this meeting would involve discussion of exactly matching the server form list on the client and that I should attend. Do you think there will be time for that?

added to the agenda :slight_smile:

1 Like

My action item update is that the brand survey will close on Sunday, January 12, 2020. (Noted in the agenda as well.)

If you're reading this and part of TSC-1, a tool maintainer, or forum admin... and you're interested in contributing some thoughts about the Open Data Kit brand, please take a few minutes to fill out the survey that's been distributed (TSC-1 can find the link in the #tsc-1 Slack channel). If you're someone else, we hope to have a more widely distributed survey at a later time!

1 Like

I'd love to have a quick discussion about white-labeling and so I've added it to the agenda.