ODK TSC 1 Call - 2020-02-05

These calls bring together the Technical Steering Committee for the ODK suite (@TSC-1) to discuss roadmaps, working groups, and other issues of technical governance. Everyone is welcome to come to these calls, but only TSC members may talk.

The calls are held every two weeks in our UberConference room. We put the agenda, audio, and transcript of every call in this document.

Our next call will be Wed, Jan 22. The meeting time should be shown in your timezone above.

The agenda is tentatively as follows:

• Update on branding plan
  • Collect needs to stop using /sdcard/odk (this issue is referred to as “scoped storage change”)
  • Dropping support for Android < 5 in the March release
  • Pyxform’s future
  • Configure settings in Collect by scanning QR code (proposal from UW students)

The agenda can also be seen in the agenda document.

If there are topics you would like to add to the TSC's agenda, please comment below. :point_down:

2 Likes

Thank you for this, @adam.butler! It's great to see some items off the technical backlog on this agenda. I will be there.

For pyxform, I propose first focusing on the v1 release. I have shared full release notes in addition to some notes about what is risky at Pyxform v1.0 release - #9 by LN. Then if there's time at the very end of the meeting perhaps we can consider whether there's high-level governance action to be taken around it. Getting feedback on the other technical issues seems like a higher priority at the moment, though, especially given that the TSC will likely return to project governance discussions in the following meeting.

Ya know, if you keep showing up we might be forced to (re)elect you as an honorary TSC member... :slightly_smiling_face: [and consequently resume enforcing yer moderator deficit... :grin:]

1 Like

Ahh, sorry!

I'm focused on rowing and y'all are doing wonderful steering at the moment. I will likely be unable to attend weekly meetings after the next daylight savings change because of morning baby duty. :pensive: