'Other' from select_one or select_multiple does not show even when in relevant

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
There are many select multiple questions that include 'other' as an answer. Following this question, I ask to define what "other" meant in the context. In relevant, I include a syntax similar to this: selected(${variable_type}, 'other variable')
For some questions upon selecting other, the following question (define other) does not show.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Now just converting excel questionnaire into XLSForm Online and previewing it in Enketo.
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I tried to edit each 'other' choice to be more specific to the context: other material, other type, other blah...
I tried to copy and paste the ones that were working and edit the text of variables.
I tried to reallocate the question and rewrite the question, choice and relevant fields.
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Example:
Question1:

select_multiple pest_type pest_type What pests did you observe? minimal selected(${pest_management_occur_yn},'yes')

Choice: selected(${pest_type}, 'other pests')
Question 10 relevant: selected(${pest_type}, 'other pests')

begin group pest_management_other Other Pests field-list
text pest_managment_other_what What other pests did you observe? selected(${pest_type}, 'other pests')

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

I am not able to share due to work-related content

Any advice relating to this type of format will be highly appreciated.
I have several select_multiple or select_one with 'other' and the following question to describe other would be important to be relevant.
Also have the same type of question within repeat groups.

in choices sheet the name of list items should not contains white space, 'other pests' must be converted to 'other_pests'

Thank you Rassan, that is correct. In the Choices sheet I have:

So that does not seem to be the issue, correct ?

Correct, it's not an issue.

could it be that the word "other" is mentioned several times in the sheet?
could it be related to repeat groups?

Names just can't contain spaces it must be a one word.

Hi @LaraVR
Options in choices sheet can be duplicated as much as it required, but in list_name column and name column it can not contain spaces.
Also in your survey sheet in Question 10 relevant: selected(${pest_type}, 'other pests'), the issue is in the word inside ' ', it must be written like this 'other_pests', space has to be replaced with underscore.
selected(${pest_type}, 'other_pests').

1 Like

Ah, ha! Thanks rassam, I had tried that and it worked. I thought it would be the label choice and not the variable name. Great!

1 Like