Own server for ODK Collect forms with OpenMapKit data

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.

Hi, I was wondering how I can send ODK forms to my own server (not Google Cloud, ODK aggregate, etc.) for institution security reasons. I see that there is an "Other" option in the Server Settings of the ODK Android app.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

I am using ODK Collect v1.27.2 and OpenMapKit (OMK) version 1.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Note9.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

I've tried to use the OpenMapKit posm instead of ODK Aggregate. This is because it seems that the posm can be deployed on any server. I've used Google Cloud's Compute Engine to set up the posm server, with all the default settings except I specified Ubuntu 18.04 for the machine and not Debian (posm does not support Debian and some version of Ubuntu, apparently). I followed along the instructions here, but have been getting the error "Unit docker.service not found". See screenshot in question 5.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
This is both a more general question on how to send ODK data to my own server, and a specific inquiry into the posm OpenMapKit server. To reproduce the error in Google Cloud I mentioned, see question 3.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Here are some screenshots.

Google cloud error for OMK posm server

Thank you very much for any guidance!
Calvin

Welcome to the ODK forum, @zhangcal! We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself on this forum thread.

ODK Aggregate and Central can both be installed on your own server. They don't have to be installed with a cloud services provider. If you're using OpenMapKit and collecting OSM data, you'll need to use OpenMapKitServer, as I don't think Aggregate and Central are configured to accept OSM data. HOT OSM maintains a fork that is more up-to-date than the POSM repository. The development installation instructions might be helpful for figuring out setup on your own server.

If you're collecting geographic data or OSM data, there's a discussion about improving these features in ODK that you might be interested in joining: Selecting a map feature to collect data about

Calvin
I have the same problem. Do you have news about the error?
thanks
gus