Problem uploading results from tablets/phones

I've set up a local installation of Aggregate v1.3.0. It is hosted behind
Apache for SSL and I'm able to reach Aggregate via my laptop browser and
login with no trouble. I have Collect 1.2.2 installed on a tablet and a
phone and I've pointed them to my server. I can download forms to both
devices with no problem.
The problem occurs when I try to send finalized forms back to the Aggregate
server. I select the form to submit and it returns an error: "Found (302)
at
https://myodkdomain/ODKAggregate/submission?deviceID=imei%3A356221036242300"
I'm able to to browse to the "https://myodkdomain/ODKAggregate/submission"
I've manually submitted a result using my computer through the "submission"
page and it worked correctly.
Any suggestions on where the problem might be?

Thanks,
Andre

··· from my computer, phone and tablet.

Is the URL before the /submission?... the same URL that you use to connect
to the server (via the browser)?

You probably generated a form with an explicit submission path -- if using
XLSForm, look on the settings page for the value of the 'submission_url'
It is likely incorrect (it should end with /submission).

The ?deviceID=... is appended as a query parameter should a server desire
to alter its behavior based upon which device submitted data.

Mitch

··· On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM, wrote:

I've set up a local installation of Aggregate v1.3.0. It is hosted behind
Apache for SSL and I'm able to reach Aggregate via my laptop browser and
login with no trouble. I have Collect 1.2.2 installed on a tablet and a
phone and I've pointed them to my server. I can download forms to both
devices with no problem.
The problem occurs when I try to send finalized forms back to the
Aggregate server. I select the form to submit and it returns an error:
"Found (302) at
https://myodkdomain/ODKAggregate/submission?deviceID=imei%3A356221036242300
"
I'm able to to browse to the "https://myodkdomain/ODKAggregate/submission"
from my computer, phone and tablet.
I've manually submitted a result using my computer through the
"submission" page and it worked correctly.
Any suggestions on where the problem might be?

Thanks,
Andre

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Mitch,

The URL before "/submission" is the same URL that I use to connect to the
server. However, I think that there is still something incorrect in my
virtual host configuration for mod_proxy. When I first arrive on the login
page using my browser, i'm have a HTTPS connection, but once I submit my
username and password, the URL changes to an unencrypted connection:
""http://myodkdomain:8080/ODKAggregate/Aggregate.html#submissions/filter///"

If I change http to https and remove the :8080, it returns to an encrypted
connection

I looked at my form (sample widgets.xml form) and I don't see any explicit
submission path in the XML.

connect from phone or tablet:
Apr 8, 2013 3:02:31 PM org.slf4j.impl.JCLLoggerAdapter error
SEVERE: Database access problem. Killing off all remaining connections in
the connection pool. SQL State = 08S01
org.springframework.dao.RecoverableDataAccessException:
PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [SELECT _URI, _CREATOR_URI_USER,
_CREATION_DATE, _LAST_UPDATE_URI_USER, _LAST_UPDATE_DATE,
LAST_REVISION FROM odk_prod_c500._security_revisions WHERE _URI =
? ;]; Communications link failure

Caused
by: org.opendatakit.common.persistence.exception.ODKEntityPersistException:
org.springframework.dao.DuplicateKeyException: PreparedStatementCallback;
SQL [INSERT INTO odk_prod_c500._security_revisions ( _URI,
_CREATOR_URI_USER, _CREATION_DATE, _LAST_UPDATE_URI_USER,
_LAST_UPDATE_DATE, LAST_REVISION ) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? ) ];
Duplicate entry 'rid:registered_users' for key 'PRIMARY'; nested exception
is
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException:
Duplicate entry 'rid:registered_users' for key 'PRIMARY'

The MySQL database connection appears to work fine otherwise since I've
been able to load forms, create users, and submit forms manually.

Andre

··· From my catalina.out I am seeing the following errors each time I try to

On Monday, April 8, 2013 3:02:48 PM UTC-4, Mitch wrote:

Is the URL before the /submission?... the same URL that you use to connect
to the server (via the browser)?

You probably generated a form with an explicit submission path -- if using
XLSForm, look on the settings page for the value of the 'submission_url'
It is likely incorrect (it should end with /submission).

The ?deviceID=... is appended as a query parameter should a server desire
to alter its behavior based upon which device submitted data.

Mitch

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM, <henryh...@gmail.com <javascript:>>wrote:

I've set up a local installation of Aggregate v1.3.0. It is hosted behind
Apache for SSL and I'm able to reach Aggregate via my laptop browser and
login with no trouble. I have Collect 1.2.2 installed on a tablet and a
phone and I've pointed them to my server. I can download forms to both
devices with no problem.
The problem occurs when I try to send finalized forms back to the
Aggregate server. I select the form to submit and it returns an error:
"Found (302) at
https://myodkdomain/ODKAggregate/submission?deviceID=imei%3A356221036242300
"
I'm able to to browse to the "https://myodkdomain/ODKAggregate/submission"
from my computer, phone and tablet.
I've manually submitted a result using my computer through the
"submission" page and it worked correctly.
Any suggestions on where the problem might be?

Thanks,
Andre

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com<javascript:>
.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com <javascript:>

There is definitely something wrong with your ODK Aggregate configuration.
When you run the installer, you should specify the hostname and port that
the browser should connect to (in this case, myodkdomain, and port 80), and
specify that your server has an SSL certificate, which should change the
url to https (and port 443).

If during logging in, you get redirected to a different port, this will be
problematic to the submission process, as ODK Collect will recognized and
use that redirect when it attempts to submit data.

··· On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 2:06 PM, wrote:

Mitch,

The URL before "/submission" is the same URL that I use to connect to the
server. However, I think that there is still something incorrect in my
virtual host configuration for mod_proxy. When I first arrive on the login
page using my browser, i'm have a HTTPS connection, but once I submit my
username and password, the URL changes to an unencrypted connection: ""
http://myodkdomain:8080/ODKAggregate/Aggregate.html#submissions/filter///"

If I change http to https and remove the :8080, it returns to an encrypted
connection

I looked at my form (sample widgets.xml form) and I don't see any explicit
submission path in the XML.

From my catalina.out I am seeing the following errors each time I try to
connect from phone or tablet:
Apr 8, 2013 3:02:31 PM org.slf4j.impl.JCLLoggerAdapter error
SEVERE: Database access problem. Killing off all remaining connections in
the connection pool. SQL State = 08S01
org.springframework.dao.RecoverableDataAccessException:
PreparedStatementCallback; SQL [SELECT _URI, _CREATOR_URI_USER,
_CREATION_DATE, _LAST_UPDATE_URI_USER, _LAST_UPDATE_DATE,
LAST_REVISION FROM odk_prod_c500._security_revisions WHERE _URI =
? ;]; Communications link failure

Caused
by: org.opendatakit.common.persistence.exception.ODKEntityPersistException:
org.springframework.dao.DuplicateKeyException: PreparedStatementCallback;
SQL [INSERT INTO odk_prod_c500._security_revisions ( _URI,
_CREATOR_URI_USER, _CREATION_DATE, _LAST_UPDATE_URI_USER,
_LAST_UPDATE_DATE, LAST_REVISION ) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? ) ];
Duplicate entry 'rid:registered_users' for key 'PRIMARY'; nested exception
is
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException:
Duplicate entry 'rid:registered_users' for key 'PRIMARY'

The MySQL database connection appears to work fine otherwise since I've
been able to load forms, create users, and submit forms manually.

Andre

On Monday, April 8, 2013 3:02:48 PM UTC-4, Mitch wrote:

Is the URL before the /submission?... the same URL that you use to
connect to the server (via the browser)?

You probably generated a form with an explicit submission path -- if
using XLSForm, look on the settings page for the value of the
'submission_url'
It is likely incorrect (it should end with /submission).

The ?deviceID=... is appended as a query parameter should a server desire
to alter its behavior based upon which device submitted data.

Mitch

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM, henryh...@gmail.com wrote:

I've set up a local installation of Aggregate v1.3.0. It is hosted
behind Apache for SSL and I'm able to reach Aggregate via my laptop browser
and login with no trouble. I have Collect 1.2.2 installed on a tablet and a
phone and I've pointed them to my server. I can download forms to both
devices with no problem.
The problem occurs when I try to send finalized forms back to the
Aggregate server. I select the form to submit and it returns an error:
"Found (302) at https://myodkdomain/**ODKAggregate/submission?**
deviceID=imei%3A356221036242300https://myodkdomain/ODKAggregate/submission?deviceID=imei%3A356221036242300
"
I'm able to to browse to the "https://myodkdomain/

ODKAggregate/submission https://myodkdomain/ODKAggregate/submission"
from my computer, phone and tablet.
I've manually submitted a result using my computer through the
"submission" page and it worked correctly.
Any suggestions on where the problem might be?

Thanks,
Andre

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to opendatakit-developers+**unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/**groups/opt_outhttps://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out
.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitche...@gmail.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com