Problem with the registry of the decimal number

Hi
The situation is: we are applying a survey in amazon forest and we are
with a problem. We are using the motorola milestone (in portuguese)
with ODK 1.1.5. When the researcher enter with decimal number he needs
to use dot sintax and the system converts automaticaly to comma
sintax, for exemple: the number 1.2 is transformed to 1,2. This is not
the problem. The problem is when the researcher comes back to that
decimal field, it is empty. The information is not there. This does
not occur when entering integer instead of decimal in the same field.
Can anyone help me?
This is a piece of the code:

Thanks

··· -- Ricardo A (from brazil)

Herbert from brasil answered me to change the language of the
smatphones to english ... voilá... is ok now.
Thanks

··· 2011/6/27 Ricardo Abdala : > Hi > The situation is: we are applying a survey in amazon forest and we are > with a problem. We are using the motorola milestone (in portuguese) > with ODK 1.1.5. When the researcher enter with decimal number he needs > to use dot sintax and the system converts automaticaly to comma > sintax, for exemple: the number 1.2 is transformed to 1,2. This is not > the problem. The problem is when the researcher comes back to that > decimal field, it is empty. The information is not there. This does > not occur when entering integer instead of decimal in the same field. > Can anyone help me? > This is a piece of the code: > > > > Thanks > -- > Ricardo A > (from brazil) >

--
Ricardo Abdala
61 8122-5545
http://www.pesquisadecampo.com.br

well thanks to herbert from brasil!

here is what was happening. the phone was reformatting the number into
the portuguese standard (1,2), but the java/english standard requires
a period (1.2). so the phone would allow you to enter the number with
a comma, but when it tried to reload it, it would realized the comma
wasn't valid and remove the number.

anyway. glad it's working now :slight_smile:

··· On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 12:05, Ricardo Abdala wrote: > Herbert from brasil answered me to change the language of the > smatphones to english ... voilá... is ok now. > Thanks > > > 2011/6/27 Ricardo Abdala : >> Hi >> The situation is: we are applying a survey in amazon forest and we are >> with a problem. We are using the motorola milestone (in portuguese) >> with ODK 1.1.5. When the researcher enter with decimal number he needs >> to use dot sintax and the system converts automaticaly to comma >> sintax, for exemple: the number 1.2 is transformed to 1,2. This is not >> the problem. The problem is when the researcher comes back to that >> decimal field, it is empty. The information is not there. This does >> not occur when entering integer instead of decimal in the same field. >> Can anyone help me? >> This is a piece of the code: >> >> >> >> Thanks >> -- >> Ricardo A >> (from brazil) >> > > > > -- > Ricardo Abdala > 61 8122-5545 > http://www.pesquisadecampo.com.br > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >