Problems downloading the XForm using the XLSForm Offline

I'm having problems downloading the XForm using the XLSForm Offline.
I have been able to build the excel solution and tried in Enketo which seems OK, but when I download the XForm, it gives me a block note.
The idea is to download the XForm so as to add the blank form to my server.

I have tried adding the excel solution sheet with xlsx extension to my server, it reads the below message.

HTTP Status 400 - Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form: org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKIncompleteSubmissionData: org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParseException: XML Syntax Error at Line: 1, Column: 679!
type Status report

message Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form: org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKIncompleteSubmissionData: org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParseException: XML Syntax Error at Line: 1, Column: 679!

description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.41

Can anyone please help

Thanks

The error message you are seeing is because you are trying to upload the XLS and not the XML to Aggregate. You must upload XML to Aggregate.

Let's solve the fundamental problem first. After you convert the XLS to XML with XLSForm Offline, you said "it gives me a block note". What do you mean by that?

The XLSForm Offline should give you a file with your formName.xml that you can upload to Aggregate. Does it give you the XML file?

Thanks very much for the reply.

It gives an xml bloc notes file
The following error reads when I try uploading to Aggregate:

HTTP Status 400 - Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form: org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKIncompleteSubmissionData: org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParseException: XML Syntax Error at Line: 1, Column: 5!
type Status report

message Problem with JavaRosa Parsing Form: org.opendatakit.aggregate.exception.ODKIncompleteSubmissionData: org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParseException: XML Syntax Error at Line: 1, Column: 5!

description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.41

Thanks

The steps should be:

1. Design an form in Excel.
  2. Give that XLS file to XLSForm Offline and it will produce an XML file.
  3. Upload the XML file (not the XLS file) to ODK Aggregate.

Can you upload both the XLS file and XML file to the forum so I can review them?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Collect not working due to SSL error