Publishing Data to Firebase

Hello, can anyone give me help on how to publish data from ODK Aggregate to Firebase? I have a new Firebase project with the database set up and am trying to publish to it using the Z-ALPHA JSON Server option. In the "Url to publish to" field, I am using the Url of the database, but no data seems to be getting published. I have even filled out the authorization token with the corresponding token but it still fails. I am not quite sure what is going wrong, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Welcome to the ODK forum, @GPacenza ! We're glad you're here. When you get a chance, please introduce yourself here. I'd also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

I don't really know if our Json server publisher is compatible with Firebase. Maybe it is and some other user with experience with that specific service can help here :slight_smile:

In any case, I wanted to share with you a link to a document that explains how the Json server publisher works in Aggregate: https://github.com/opendatakit/opendatakit/wiki/Aggregate-Publishers-Implementation-Details

If you get it working we could expand the document to help other users too :slight_smile:

Thank you for the quick reply. So it seems that Firebase can accept a POST request when sent from the terminal and store the data in the JSON in a database. Now my question is, is there a simple way to send a POST request with the data from ODK Aggregate in JSON form? Is that already what publishing to a JSON server is doing? Thanks

Never mind, I just resolved the issue. In case anyone has the same issue, you just have to append .json to the Firebase database URL when specifying the JSON server to publish to in Aggregate.

A post was split to a new topic: Runtime error as no project found