Publishing to Google Sheets | Status: ACTIVE_PAUSE

Hello everyone,

Apologies for the redundancy with this topic - I know it has been beaten to death by now. But I need assistance deciphering my Apache Tomcat log files in order to get a way forward.

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
At this stage, as far as I can tell, I cannot publish forms with repeat groups. Those that do not have repeat groups are able to publish just fine.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

1. I am running ODK Aggregate version v1.5.0.
  2. It is hosted on AWS EC2 instance running CentOS Linux distribution.
  3. I am hosting Aggregate on my own infrastructure with Apache Tomcat8.
  4. I am using PostgreSQL to store my data.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

1. I have already increased my quota limit to 500 per second per user but seemingly cannot go beyond that. Looks to be a ceiling cap in my case.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

1. |Attempt to publish a form with a repeat group.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

See catalina.out log file below:
catalina.out.txt (17.5 KB)

Anything anyone?
Your assistance will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Apologies for the silence here -- the core team has been focused on Central and we have less capacity for troubleshooting Aggregate issues. I know that the Google Sheets publisher used to support repeats but it's possible that something changed on Google's end. Can you try a very simple form with just a text question and a repeat that also has a text question? You can do this on the Aggregate sandbox (wiped every 24hrs) if you don't want to do this on your own server.

This is the line of code that's getting a NPE.

It would be helpful if someone who uses the Google Sheets publisher with forms that have repeats could chime in with their recent experience.

Hello LN,

Firstly, thank you for your response - I truly appreciate it.
I have followed your instructions by:

1. Developing a very simple form according to your suggestion. A_VERY_SIMPLE_FORM_WITH_REPEAT.xml (2.7 KB)
  2. Deployed it to the Aggregate sandbox available here at the time of this writing.
  3. Submitted a few test records for good measure. A_VERY_SIMPLE_FORM_WITH_REPEAT_results.csv (2.0 KB)
  4. Attempted to publish the form to hopefully replicate the problem. This was obviously not possible because my email address isn't listed in the sandbox's Site Admin users. error

Regards!