Pull Data is not working and can't key in new data

I'm currently having an issue I'm using odk collect to collect data and i have a large data set with users who are recurring. I decided to use pull data so that things such as names, age etc can be populated when ID is put without me needing to key it again.

The issue am facing this works well when am using enketo but when i use the same in odk collect, the names, age etc are not being populated, when i try to key in new information that is not within my dataset fields that have pulldata is not being accepted.
Here is my xlsx and csv
day_care.xlsx (10.4 KB)
dcdata.csv (374 Bytes)

Ciao @jjjdec,

It's great to have you here, please take a few minutes to introduce yourself to the community

The pull function will try to get matching records from the dataset, without a matching ID, the cell remain blank and won't take any inputs (at least between screen swipes) as the calculation will reset the value every time you come back to the view.

What you will need to do is to duplicate the entry form with a calculate to check if ID return a match (True: Auto-pull, False: Manual entry). You could also wrap those fields in a group for easy to viewing in one place.

See revised form (tested and working) of how to achieve this.

Best regards,
Jules R

PS: your Google-sheet link seems to be accessible to anyone with the link, you might consider removing it from the example you shared to maintain the project privacy.

1 Like

If you also want this form to allow edits of existing data, you can use the trigger column to define a dynamic default (https://docs.getodk.org/form-logic/#dynamic-defaults-from-form-data). In your case you would put ${Reg_NO} in the trigger column to guarantee that the calculations only run when ${Reg_NO} changes.

day_care.xlsx (11.1 KB)
Try This