Pulldata() not working after using search() to select a field

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I am trying to auto-populate the text fields according to EMIS number selected from the dropdown menu. As the EMIS number is unique for all the schools in my form I am using it to populate school name, bank name,(these are all text fields), etc. I upload a CSV containing all the data and used search('CSV Name') and pulldata() to achieve this.The EMIS dropdown is working fine but autopopulation for rest of fields where I used pulldata() does not work.I am not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Formula I used :
pulldata('school_list', 'Region', 'New_EMIS_Code', ${New_EMIS_Code})
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I'm using ODK central version 1.2.2. on our AWS Server and latest version of ODK Collect.
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Tried changing name in the choices and also column names.
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
school_form.xlsx (62.6 KB)
school_list.csv (634 Bytes)

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.
Region not appearing after selecting EMIS :

And I followed this forum instructions : https://forum.getodk.org/t/i-interview-two-girls-data-given-in-csv/18256/3
Thanks for the help.

At first read, you put the calculations in the appearance column, instead of the calculation one.
This is a first big step to a working form :wink:

(oop, beaten to the punch by @mathieubossaert)

Hi @Ricardo1,
I moved your pulldata to the appearance column as per the docs, and renamed the EMIS code field to New_EMIS_Code_key (and also in the choices name/label & in the CSV) for fast CSV lookups, as explained here

school_list_new.csv (653 Bytes)
school_form_new.xlsx (12.4 KB)

(I think the docs for Dynamic selects from pre-loaded data could be better, fruits is used as the name of the reference CSV, the widget name and the choice list name. Changing them so they're all unique would make it clearer)

2 Likes

Sorry I did a naive mistake :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Thanks for the clarification. :smiley: :smiley:

@ahblake @mathieubossaert one more thing the search('csvfile') dropdown is not appearing in odk central though it shows the dropdown in odk collect.Any reasons for that?

The same reason as the one here :

1 Like

@mathieubossaert After creating a public access link too it doesn't work. It only works in ODK Collect.
Is it the same as the preview? So we cannot make submissions in central I suppose.

Yes I think, but an central/enketo expert should confirm.
Is your external data so heavy that you can't add it to the choices sheet ?

1 Like

Yes exactly there are 5000 rows and adding it to category for each field makes it around 50k rows.
Should I raise a issue in github?

Could you post your use case to the Features category? I think this is where the core team prefers to triage them.

yeah sure.I will do it.