Push instance to ODK Aggregate using Briefcase

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
Kobotoolbox where I aggregate data is downloading incomplete data (some columns have missing information; information exists when individual forms are reviewed). This problem has persisted for months, so I am considering options such as Aggregate.

I used ODK Briefcase to pull data after backing up all ODK folders from devices. However exported output are not consistent with number of interviews I expect to have.

Therefore I would like to know if its possible to push ODK instances to Aggregate (I am yet to create an aggregate account) so that I can later download the datasets from Aggregate

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Written to Kobotoolbox support. No response.
I will set up an aggregate account and try to migrate instances to aggregate so i can download

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

I've not used Kobo much, and don't know how briefcase works within the Kobo workflow. However I have used Briefcase a lot with Aggregate (hosted on Google Cloud Platform).

In some (not too many) deployments we have not had connectivity in the field (at the tablet level) to upload data (i.e. no hot spot or tablets with Sim Cards). In these instances a supervisor typically is provided a USB dongle, and is then asked to back up the ODK folder from each tablet with USB cable, then instructed to .zip the files, and email to the study manager. The study manager then uses briefcase to pull the data from the emailed folders, and push the data to aggregate.

Equally, you can do this without an aggregate account. You can pull all the instances from various folders using briefcase, and export the data using briefcase. There is no need (assuming you have all the instances on your computer) to upload to aggregate then re-download the data.

Good luck.

1 Like