Putting option bubbles on right

Hello,

We are preparing a survey in Urdu, which uses the Arabic script (right to
left).

The option bubbles still appear on the left but this makes it easy to make
mistakes with a long option list - because the bubbles are far from the
text.

Is there a way to put them on the right?

Thank you!

This likely requires a Java code change, as these displays are constructed
dynamically. Do you have anyone that could make the needed software
changes? We would gladly accept the changes into the main code tree.

··· ===============

Please note that there may be translation issues with Urdu. I have asked
people to confirm that the translations display values correctly,
particularly during download, but have not gotten any response or feedback
from users of Urdu. I am concerned because the translations do not appear
to use LTR / RTL marks around the substitution parameters.

If you find an issue in the translations, please register to be a
translator of Urdu and fix the issue -- to do that, search for a
combination of:
transifex LTR arabic
on the list and follow the instructions I gave on that thread.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Kate Vyborny kvyborny@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

We are preparing a survey in Urdu, which uses the Arabic script (right to
left).

The option bubbles still appear on the left but this makes it easy to make
mistakes with a long option list - because the bubbles are far from the
text.

Is there a way to put them on the right?

Thank you!

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Since I'm working on fixing translations in Arabic, I have made
configuration file modifications to the standard ODK Collect screens to
hopefully switch the checkboxes to the appropriate sides for RTL languages.

Download and try this test build with those changes:

But, for the prompts within a form, that would require careful code changes.

··· On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Mitch Sundt wrote:

This likely requires a Java code change, as these displays are constructed
dynamically. Do you have anyone that could make the needed software
changes? We would gladly accept the changes into the main code tree.

===============

Please note that there may be translation issues with Urdu. I have asked
people to confirm that the translations display values correctly,
particularly during download, but have not gotten any response or feedback
from users of Urdu. I am concerned because the translations do not appear
to use LTR / RTL marks around the substitution parameters.

If you find an issue in the translations, please register to be a
translator of Urdu and fix the issue -- to do that, search for a
combination of:
transifex LTR arabic
on the list and follow the instructions I gave on that thread.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Kate Vyborny kvyborny@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

We are preparing a survey in Urdu, which uses the Arabic script (right to
left).

The option bubbles still appear on the left but this makes it easy to
make mistakes with a long option list - because the bubbles are far from
the text.

Is there a way to put them on the right?

Thank you!

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Dear Mitch,

Thanks so much for this. I think our skills are not at the level needed
for this - so we hope to keep an eye for anyone doing this in the future
for our next survey!

All the best.

Kate Vyborny
Postdoctoral Associate
Department of Economics
Duke University
https://sites.google.com/site/kvyborny/

··· On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 11:58 PM, Mitch Sundt wrote:

Since I'm working on fixing translations in Arabic, I have made
configuration file modifications to the standard ODK Collect screens to
hopefully switch the checkboxes to the appropriate sides for RTL languages.

Download and try this test build with those changes:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByL2Z0RJHwGaU0NWS0JRX2taV0E/view?usp=sharing

But, for the prompts within a form, that would require careful code
changes.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Mitch Sundt mitchellsundt@gmail.com wrote:

This likely requires a Java code change, as these displays are
constructed dynamically. Do you have anyone that could make the needed
software changes? We would gladly accept the changes into the main code
tree.

===============

Please note that there may be translation issues with Urdu. I have asked
people to confirm that the translations display values correctly,
particularly during download, but have not gotten any response or feedback
from users of Urdu. I am concerned because the translations do not appear
to use LTR / RTL marks around the substitution parameters.

If you find an issue in the translations, please register to be a
translator of Urdu and fix the issue -- to do that, search for a
combination of:
transifex LTR arabic
on the list and follow the instructions I gave on that thread.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Kate Vyborny kvyborny@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

We are preparing a survey in Urdu, which uses the Arabic script (right
to left).

The option bubbles still appear on the left but this makes it easy to
make mistakes with a long option list - because the bubbles are far from
the text.

Is there a way to put them on the right?

Thank you!

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

--

Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com
Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en


You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
Google Groups "ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/opendatakit/nXXGlQcnPe0/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.