Quotas for sample - is there any solution?

Dear community,
I tried to find the topic in questions already posted, but unfortunatelly with no succcess.

The situation:
We should collect answers from 1000 respondents in 14 regions in our country.
We have around 20 interviewers (people with a tablet with ODK) who will interview the people.
We need to have our sample representative for whole country. That means that interviewer 1 who is operating in region 1 should collect eg: 14 interviews, where should be 8 males and 6 females...
Interviewer 2 should collect 10 interviews (5 males, 5 females)....

That means that every user in the project has specific quotas. The interviewer should know the quotas in the beginning but also after interviewing each person.
Eg. If interviewer 1 is interviewing one woman, the interviewer should somewhere see that he should do 13 more interviews (8 males, 5 females). Also it would be perfect if the ODK Collect stopped the interviewer if his total number of interviewes exceeded 14.

My idea is that the quotas will be in .csv and as a Notice displayed to specific user. But how to decrease the number of questionnaires after completeing them? Don´t know. Maybe there is a completely different solution working with ODK.

Any answer is appreciated :slight_smile:
many thanks,
Michal

Hi Michal,

ODK Collect isn't able to share data between forms so I think using
quotas in a CSV is a reasonable option. You could add an instance_name
in the settings sheet to capture the participant number and gender of
the participant. Then the enumerator can View Sent Forms to see how
they are progressing.

Another option is to assign complex IDs (or barcodes) to each of the
participants. Put the IDs on a sheet of paper and have the enumerator
cross them off as they go through the forms.

You could also have specific forms for each interviewer. So
Interviewer 2's phone would have forms (Male 1, Male 2, Male 3, etc),
but that seems harder to do.

Hope that helps,

Yaw

··· On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 4:40 AM, wrote: > Dear community, > I tried to find the topic in questions already posted, but unfortunatelly with no succcess. > > The situation: > We should collect answers from 1000 respondents in 14 regions in our country. > We have around 20 interviewers (people with a tablet with ODK) who will interview the people. > We need to have our sample representative for whole country. That means that interviewer 1 who is operating in region 1 should collect eg: 14 interviews, where should be 8 males and 6 females... > Interviewer 2 should collect 10 interviews (5 males, 5 females).... > > That means that every user in the project has specific quotas. The interviewer should know the quotas in the beginning but also after interviewing each person. > Eg. If interviewer 1 is interviewing one woman, the interviewer should somewhere see that he should do 13 more interviews (8 males, 5 females). Also it would be perfect if the ODK Collect stopped the interviewer if his total number of interviewes exceeded 14. > > My idea is that the quotas will be in .csv and as a Notice displayed to specific user. But how to decrease the number of questionnaires after completeing them? Don´t know. Maybe there is a completely different solution working with ODK. > > Any answer is appreciated :) > many thanks, > Michal > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.