Recommended tools for modeling layout and governing vocabulary

Question. Are there recommended modeling tools used to layout the survey content, sequence, logic, etc? For example, process modeling tools, flow diagramming tools, outline modeling tools. Are there tools used to govern the vocabulary used within and between surveys, to aid in consistent questions and answers?

My intended first data collection has 134 sequential questions, in 16 groups, organized in a hierarchy that is 8 layers deep, with links between some of the questions and groups. I've built this in other tools (dBase IV, MS Access, Property Graph, RDF Graph), so I'm evaluating ODK as a front end for a large distributed NOSQL data environment.

Are there recommended modeling tools used to layout the survey content, sequence, logic, etc?
The popular form design tools are ODK Build and XLSForm. You can also likely use anything that splits out XForms, but you'll have to edit the final output because ODK XForms aren't pure XForms.

Are there tools used to govern the vocabulary used within and between surveys, to aid in consistent questions and answers?
No. It's up to you to use consistent questions and answers

Thanks. I'm considering using prevalent process, data, and knowledge modeling tools to plan the semantics and lay out the syntax. ODK Build, XLSForm, KoBoToolBox Formbuilder only address syntax, leaving the semantics in the mind of the form builder(s).

I am looking for folks who want to cooperate in building a global-scale commercial application using integrations of ODK, GeoODK, OPML2, Cassandra NOSQL database, CMap concept modeling tool, Gremlin graphical data language, and the GraphVis diagramming engine. All enquiries are welcome. Partnerships are open to consideration.