Recover data collected using test/draft form?

Data collectors are trying to submit and receiving this error.

After some troubleshooting I've found out that they were still filling out the draft test.

Any way to recover the data?

I didn't realize they are using KoBo Collect v1.30.1 and the server is Central.

versions:
e16b79530756bbd825f68275b3b6e53951409474
 70ec99f02885a06e37709db6319bfdf96fac84eb client (v1.2.2)
 59556ecea91f0a25678cd6da0084adb7e66ca099 server (v1.2.1)

UPDATE: The survey manager had them copy the answers to a correctly configured device and submit that way. It was less than 5 surveys per data collector.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see there was an easy solution in this case.

I’d be curious to know more about the workflow here. We don’t intend draft QR codes to be shared with data collectors though that may not be made explicit anywhere. Why were they shared in this way?

When I’m involved in form design for a deployment, I use the draft QR code to do initial iteration on form development. If there are others involved in form design, I let them configure their device for draft iteration directly from Central. If I need to get feedback from field staff or other folks who don’t do form design, I create App Users for them. I make sure field staff only ever see one QR code and if there’s a chance they might submit test data, I include a question that asks whether they are submitting test or real data.

The draft QR code had been sent to the project manager to test the form, they ended up using it for a training, and then there was a break down in communication where the QR code for data collection wasn't passed along to the person preparing things for data collection.

1 Like

Got it. If you have suggestions for making these kinds of workflow issues less likely, do let us know. We are hoping to make some further improvements to the draft process sooner than later.