Sanitation projects in India

It's nice to know you @Anova_S_Deve, one of our work field is sanitation also and right now we are working in Rajasthan. And soon will start in MP,UP,Orisaa.
Our project is PMA2020.

Narendra

3 Likes

@iamnarendrasingh That's lovely to have met somebody in the same field. I hope to remain in touch and thank you for letting me know about your project. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Anova_S_Deve ,

I am SGSC . I am from Hyderabad ,India . I work on XLSForms , ODKCollect in project I am working . I have been designing forms . If you have any queries I will be glad to help you which will be helpful for me also as I would get to explore new ways and get some good ideas in designing the forms . Looking forward for a good learning experience .
Thanks and Regards,
SGSC.

2 Likes

I'd like to know what project you work on and with whom?

1 Like

We are working with Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and JHU.

Narendra

Hey welcome to ODK!! Even I am from Pune!!

1 Like

Hey! Thanks. Who do you work for?

I am a contributor for Collect app.

1 Like

@Akshay_Patel has been a fantastic contributor over the past few months! Just an idea -- @Anova_S_Deve might it be possible for him (if interested/available) to talk to some of your data collectors and maybe observe a data collection exercise? Seeing the tools at work in person is a fantastic experience and can really help bring up good new ideas for software development.

2 Likes

Sure !!! That would be great. A detailed analysis of use of ODK tools would really help the development team to come up with new features and prioritize existing issues.

1 Like

I might be able to arrange that for you. Do get in touch, yeah.

2 Likes

Pls make a facility to search for members country wise. It will really help a lot in localisation and improve geographical collaborative work

That's fantastic @Anova_S_Deve, @Akshay_Patel! Keep us posted on your connection.

@mistcrrgpsa if you have ideas on how to make that happen, please share on Country Wise List of Users in ODK Forum. To make this a reality someone will need to take it on and start exploring options!

Shared the same in Country Wise List of Users in ODK Forum, request to process the same

I will be visiting Shelter Associates offices possibly this week or the next one.
I would be writing the case study about the use of tools.
Some guidelines regarding the same will be really helpful.

2 Likes

That is so cool, @Akshay_Patel! I hope you have a wonderful visit. You can take a look at the Showcase to see how others have written up project descriptions. Photos are always really appreciated to make those projects come alive.

I would also recommend you ask anyone you can (data collectors, data managers, etc) about their ODK needs and dreams. I know you're thinking about GSoC projects and collaborating with a local organization to build something they need would be a fantastic approach.

2 Likes

I visited Shelter Associates office today. There are some interesting features that can be added to ODK tools.
I will post a document regarding the visit soon.

3 Likes

@yanokwa @ln I would like to show case the case study on the community forum!!
I have tried to note down my observation as much as possible.
Can I publish it on the forum?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dKbSCRGTNp1MP-fJa-ssYER0sbtdvwaJkJ4NTvkQXZs/edit?usp=sharing

Great to hear you had such a nice visit, @Akshay_Patel! You've now shared the Google doc publicly here and if you'd like to also write it up in the Showcase I think that would be a wonderful idea.

1 Like