Saving the value of one field into a different field name

ODK-ers

I'm working on a project that will collect barcodes in the field.
In the event the barcode capture fails for any reason, I'm using relevance
to present a follow up manual entry screen if the Barcode field is empty.
Like this:

<bind nodeset="/data/Barcode" type="barcode"/>
<bind nodeset="/data/Barcode_Manual" type="string" 

relevant="(/data/Barcode = '')"/>

This handles the need in the field to assure the barcode is always included
-- super critical information to capture.

My question today is this -- Can the value entered on the Barcode_Manual
screen be somehow saved in the Barcode field?? This would be a huge help
when the data arrives on our portal (not ODK Aggregate)

I'm not even sure what terminology to search for here in prior posts...
could it be a save-as sort of thing? save value in 'x' location ???

Thanks for any help

R

Hi Ruth,
We have a similar experience in that some of the subjects we wish to survey do not have QR codes.

My question today is this -- Can the value entered on the Barcode_Manual screen be somehow saved in the Barcode field?? This would be a huge help when the data arrives on our portal (not ODK Aggregate)

Our rather basic solution is to concatenate the barcode field with the manually derived code field and then to use that as our primary reference. But we are using the Google Sheets platform which makes this easy via cell formulas.

Good luck,
Chris

Chris' solution is what I use as well. There is no other way to "save as".

Yaw

ยทยทยท On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 10:39 PM, wrote: > Hi Ruth, > We have a similar experience in that some of the subjects we wish to survey do not have QR codes. >> My question today is this -- Can the value entered on the Barcode_Manual screen be somehow saved in the Barcode field?? This would be a huge help when the data arrives on our portal (not ODK Aggregate) > > Our rather basic solution is to concatenate the barcode field with the manually derived code field and then to use that as our primary reference. But we are using the Google Sheets platform which makes this easy via cell formulas. > > Good luck, > Chris > > > -- > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > --- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.