Sections of forms / subforms?

I did so well with my Logic question that I thought I'd try another.
[Again thank you]. I am preparing to evaluate ODK over the weekend,
but the answers to these few pre-eval questions would be a big help.

Is the survey always just one large stream of controls, or can it be
separated into a few logical pieces?

We have surveys that are about 100 questions. The optimal way to
present it is to break those up into sections/panels of, say 5
questions at a time, with a title showing what section. Can that
be achieved here, or does the survey all have to be there, in one
large scrolling stream of controls?

Thank you.

Frank

hey frank,

controls (or questions as we call them) appear on the screen one at a
time. they can be separated into groups and if you label the group,
the name will be printed above all questions in that group. we do
support multiple questions per screen -- that code is ready to go, but
we are preparing it for a formal release.

yaw

··· On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 18:54, Frank R wrote: > I did so well with my Logic question that I thought I'd try another. > [Again thank you]. I am preparing to evaluate ODK over the weekend, > but the answers to these few pre-eval questions would be a big help. > > Is the survey always just one large stream of controls, or can it be > separated into a few logical pieces? > > We have surveys that are about 100 questions. The optimal way to > present it is to break those up into sections/panels of, say 5 > questions at a time, with a title showing what section. Can that > be achieved here, or does the survey all have to be there, in one > large scrolling stream of controls? > > Thank you. > > Frank > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >

That would really do it for us.

The logic that is supported is very impressive. I think that will
handle a whole lotta cases.

If you can then drive this to have multiple questions per screen, that
would, I think, handle everything we need. Wow.

Is there any way you can share here or offline a little more detail on
that next release, and the possible timing of it?

Thank you.

Frank

··· On Oct 15, 12:49 am, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > hey frank, > > controls (or questions as we call them) appear on the screen one at a > time. they can be separated into groups and if you label the group, > the name will be printed above all questions in that group. we do > support multiple questions per screen -- that code is ready to go, but > we are preparing it for a formal release. > > yaw > > > > On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 18:54, Frank R wrote: > > I did so well with my Logic question that I thought I'd try another. > > [Again thank you]. I am preparing to evaluate ODK over the weekend, > > but the answers to these few pre-eval questions would be a big help. > > > Is the survey always just one large stream of controls, or can it be > > separated into a few logical pieces? > > > We have surveys that are about 100 questions. The optimal way to > > present it is to break those up into sections/panels of, say 5 > > questions at a time, with a title showing what section. Can that > > be achieved here, or does the survey all have to be there, in one > > large scrolling stream of controls? > > > Thank you. > > > Frank > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -

we keep promising soon, but we also keep finding show stopping bugs.
we'd rather release a stable version, so soon. if you want a copy
right now, you can download the source and build it from trunk.

for now, i'd recommend you should start building your form and getting
the logic working. the multiple questions per-screen is a very easy
change to add to your form once it's finished.

··· On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 03:50, Frank R wrote: > > That would really do it for us. > > The logic that is supported is very impressive. I think that will > handle a whole lotta cases. > > If you can then drive this to have multiple questions per screen, that > would, I think, handle everything we need. Wow. > > Is there any way you can share here or offline a little more detail on > that next release, and the possible timing of it? > > Thank you. > > Frank > > > On Oct 15, 12:49 am, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> hey frank, >> >> controls (or questions as we call them) appear on the screen one at a >> time. they can be separated into groups and if you label the group, >> the name will be printed above all questions in that group. we do >> support multiple questions per screen -- that code is ready to go, but >> we are preparing it for a formal release. >> >> yaw >> >> >> >> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 18:54, Frank R wrote: >> > I did so well with my Logic question that I thought I'd try another. >> > [Again thank you]. I am preparing to evaluate ODK over the weekend, >> > but the answers to these few pre-eval questions would be a big help. >> >> > Is the survey always just one large stream of controls, or can it be >> > separated into a few logical pieces? >> >> > We have surveys that are about 100 questions. The optimal way to >> > present it is to break those up into sections/panels of, say 5 >> > questions at a time, with a title showing what section. Can that >> > be achieved here, or does the survey all have to be there, in one >> > large scrolling stream of controls? >> >> > Thank you. >> >> > Frank >> >> > -- >> > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en- Hide quoted text - >> >> - Show quoted text - > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >