Hi All,
wondering, if the problem is just with me, but would be grateful if
any one can guide;
if the field type is with attribute "SelectMultiple" and I want to
give one option as "Select All". so if i select this option and get
all the check boxes selected. possible?
regards
tariq

this is not possible without modifying the java code.

alternative 1: have an option called "all the above/below"
alternative 2: set default answers and have people deselect the ones
they don't want.

··· On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 08:17, Tariq Zaman wrote: > Hi All, > wondering, if the problem is just with me, but would be grateful if > any one can guide; > if the field type is with attribute "SelectMultiple" and I want to > give one option as "Select All". so if i select this option and get > all the check boxes selected. possible? > regards > tariq > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

thanks

for example

Question: what color you like;
Option 1: All below
Option 2: Red.
Option 3: Green

If i select Option 1: is it possible that option 2 and 3 are auto selected?

How i should set the default answers, should i need something to put
in default value field, if yes, then what?

tariq

··· On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 12:23 AM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > this is not possible without modifying the java code. > > alternative 1: have an option called "all the above/below" > alternative 2: set default answers and have people deselect the ones > they don't want. > > On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 08:17, Tariq Zaman wrote: >> Hi All, >> wondering, if the problem is just with me, but would be grateful if >> any one can guide; >> if the field type is with attribute "SelectMultiple" and I want to >> give one option as "Select All". so if i select this option and get >> all the check boxes selected. possible? >> regards >> tariq >> >> -- >> Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

Question: what color you like;
Option 1: All below
Option 2: Red.
Option 3: Green

If i select Option 1: is it possible that option 2 and 3 are auto selected?

no. but if a user selects option 1, you then know the user intent to
select all and that is functionally equivalent. that is, you can use
that data for other parts of the form and it will be in the final
submission.

How i should set the default answers, should i need something to put
in default value field, if yes, then what?

put the values of what you want selected as default. separate them with spaces.
<select_prompt>a c</select_prompt>

thank you :slight_smile:

··· On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 12:54 AM, Yaw Anokwa wrote: >> alternative 1: have an option called "all the above/below" >> >> Question: what color you like; >> Option 1: All below >> Option 2: Red. >> Option 3: Green >> >> If i select Option 1: is it possible that option 2 and 3 are auto selected? > > no. but if a user selects option 1, you then know the user intent to > select all and that is functionally equivalent. that is, you can use > that data for other parts of the form and it will be in the final > submission. > >> alternative 2: set default answers and have people deselect the ones >> How i should set the default answers, should i need something to put >> in default value field, if yes, then what? > > put the values of what you want selected as default. separate them with spaces. > a c > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en