Select households from a houselisting file in ODK

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I am trying to design a form that can be used for listing of households in a village. The form will include basic information about a household like name of the head of the household, total member. Based on the information provided, I have to select a prespecified number of households from the list in the ODK itself. Once a household is selected, another form should open which should enable my data collection for the specific household. I am not an expert on ODK. Therefore, looking forward to your feedback and suggestions on this.

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I using ODK collect v1.28.4 and seeking my data to Google drive.
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Honestly, I have not tried anything on this yet.

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
You can create a template of houselisting and randomly select 3-5 households for their interview.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hi @bbmahapatra
welcome to the forum! Please introduce yourself here!

In ODK Collect we don't support linking forms (opening one form from another). I think your problem might be solved using repeatable groups. Please provide more info about your form so that we can help if you find it difficult.

Thank you @Grzesiek2010 for the suggestion. Yes, having multiple repeatable groups is a good idea and should work for me. Unfortunately, I have not developed a form yet as I am still conceptualizing how it can be implemented. I will start with your suggestion and see how it progresses. While I will implement the repeatable groups, how do I select houses from the group and then continue interview for them? For example, if there are 100 households listed and I want to interview 50 of them, how can I do it?

I would try something like this Can I select 5 Choices, and then the repeat loop happens only for those 5