Select_one + relevance

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I am trying to get around the repeat group constraint when publishing data on Google sheets.

I have a select_one question with 10 different choices and I would like the following 4 questions to show every time any one of the 10 different choices are chosen. What would be the input in the the relevance column for the 4 questions?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Ulises

Hi,

So the boolean OR was the answer for the relevance but this is not a work around for the fact that repeat cannot be used in google sheets.

The way I see it, a work around for a repeat is to basically just repeat the same 4 questions 10 times (one for each of the 10 choices) and relevance to each of the choice?

This of course wouldn't allow me to be able to choose the same choice twice. Is that correct?

Thanks

Hi Ulises, are you developing this survey in .xlsx? If so can you please share an example of your questions to further illustrate the issue you are trying to overcome? It will give us more information, and allow us to better help.

Hello Lloyd and thanks for your reply.

Attached you will find my xls form.

I basically want to go around the fact that we cannot do repeat to publish on google sheets. I need the questions in lines 34-45 (in red box) to show up regardless of which choice is made in line 32. I think I have managed that in the relevance column now.

With a repeat you can repeat the questions as many times as you want given whatever choice is made however many times. In this case, I think to get as close to a repeat as possible, I would have to repeat questions in lines 34-45, 15 times (the number of choices) using different variable names. This means however that a choice can only be selected once. It also means that if you needed only to collect data on choice 14 for example, you'd have to go through all the previous 13 questions in the smartphone without inputting any data. Is that correct ?

Anything easier you'd suggest?PCIISuivi-20180108_no_repeat.xlsx (51.9 KB)

If the requirement is to publish to Google Sheets to use data directly from there, I think you are correct in that you would need to have 15 groups (one dedicated for each response to ${type-ouvarge}). Just a note, the photos will not publish to sheets based on my knowledge, perhaps someone else in the forum may be able to correct me if I'm mistaken...

I actually think for analysis of photos it may be best to split it into 15 groups even without a need to publish to Google Sheets. One dedicated group for each structure would easily allow you to assign photos to a structure type. For example, all of group 1 photos would be 'Bâtiment Principal' while all of group 2 photos would be 'Bâtiment Secondaire', etc.

I'm not clear what the relevant function is intended to do on lines 34 - 44 (of the version you shared), you may want to look into a statesmen such as "not-selected(${var1}, "1")" to simplify things.

I've taken a stab at what may work for you (all my changes are in red font). I added the first three groups, but the other 12 would need to be added. Take a look and see if this does what you had hoped.

Lastly, you have some interesting auto-format in your workbook for groups -- when your time allows I'd love to know how you went about that.

PCIISuivi-20180108_no_repeat-banwart.xlsx (61.7 KB)