Selective repeat based on previous questions

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Dear ODK Users,

I need help with an issue that has to do with how repeat groups work. I couldn't find anything else that answers it. Here are the details
In Q12. I ask if the respondent is aware of any roads that have been improved (this is a yes or no)
In Q13. I ask them to select from the list, the roads they are aware of (this is multiple choice)
Q13-e. I ask them if they have used each of the roads (I want this question to show up only for the roads selected in Q13 i.e those they are aware of.)
Q15. This is a repeat group with several parameters (Q13e-a to Q13e-t). I want to show up only for roads that satisfy both conditions i.e has been selected in Q13. and the respondent has used in Q13-e. Currently, these questions will show up i.e are repeated for any road that has been selected in Q13. even though the person has not used it. Is this something that can be done and if so, how? Attached is my form for your reference and feel free to move my question to another related topic if there is. KCCA Customer Questionnaire 2021_V3.xlsx (31.5 KB)

Much appreciated
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
ODK Central and Collect
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have tried a number of syntaxes that have not worked as shown in the form
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
The attached form shows what the problem is.
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hello @Musinguzi_Polycarp,

You were almost there. I edited (much simplified) KCCA Customer Questionnaire 2021_V3_JR.xlsx (30.4 KB)
your form to sort of answer your question with below notes for consideration:

• the composite relevance (road known and used) was changed into two questions, ask if they are aware of road, if so, move the question on usage in the repeat
  • While in the repeat, if user has used the road, a group on satisfaction assessment will be open (i changed the appearance of satisfaction to likert you can add images for visual guidance in the choices
  • The questions on why they are not satisfied are not straightforward. Better ask in general if there is anything/comments they would share on what could have been done better (for each road)

I did not validate the form, but i trust they won't be any major issues

Hoping this helps,

Jules R