at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.checkDependencyCycles(XFormParser.java:
2415)
at
org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.addMainInstanceToFormDef(XFormParser.java:
1590)
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseDoc(XFormParser.java:
341)
at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.java:272)
at
org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java:
72)
at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:322)
at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.(FormValidator.java:95)
at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.main(FormValidator.java:82)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
57)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:
58)

Something broke the parser. See above for a hint.

Result: Invalid

I am unsure of what the problem might be. Can anyone help please?

There is something wrong with the formula in the relevant or calculate
column for prompt "/baseline_emis_data_student/section2/bs". It's
probably referring to itself.

··· On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 3:43 AM, Adakole Kennedy wrote: > I am building a form and when I try to upload it before converting to > xml I get the following error: > > Error: ODK Validate Errors: > XPath Dependency Cycle: > /baseline_emis_data_student/section2/bs => /baseline_emis_data_student/ > section2/bs > java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath > expressions in relevant/calculate > java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath > expressions in relevant/calculate > at > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.checkDependencyCycles(XFormParser.java: > 2415) > at > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.addMainInstanceToFormDef(XFormParser.java: > 1590) > at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseDoc(XFormParser.java: > 341) > at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.java:272) > at > org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java: > 72) > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:322) > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.(FormValidator.java:95) > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.main(FormValidator.java:82) > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) > at > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java: > 57) > at > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java: > 43) > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616) > at > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java: > 58) > > >>> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. > > Result: Invalid > > > I am unsure of what the problem might be. Can anyone help please? > > -- > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

I have a problem ...when publishing a form i get the following error message
ODK Validate Errors: Invalid XPath expression [selected( ${inyour_opinion} , ?other?)]! >> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. Result: Invalid

can someone help me out

charles

··· On Tuesday, 15 January 2013 14:43:37 UTC+3, Adakole Kennedy wrote: > I am building a form and when I try to upload it before converting to > > xml I get the following error: > > > > Error: ODK Validate Errors: > > XPath Dependency Cycle: > > /baseline_emis_data_student/section2/bs => /baseline_emis_data_student/ > > section2/bs > > java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath > > expressions in relevant/calculate > > java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath > > expressions in relevant/calculate > > at > > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.checkDependencyCycles(XFormParser.java: > > 2415) > > at > > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.addMainInstanceToFormDef(XFormParser.java: > > 1590) > > at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseDoc(XFormParser.java: > > 341) > > at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.java:272) > > at > > org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java: > > 72) > > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:322) > > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.(FormValidator.java:95) > > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.main(FormValidator.java:82) > > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) > > at > > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java: > > 57) > > at > > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java: > > 43) > > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616) > > at > > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java: > > 58) > > > > > > >> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. > > > > Result: Invalid > > > > > > I am unsure of what the problem might be. Can anyone help please?

Hi everyone,

I am getting an error message when I try to fill in a blank survey form, "Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate" Does anyone know what to do?

This is my xml data:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<h:html xmlns:jr="http://openrosa.org/javarosa" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:kobo="http://www.kobotoolbox.org/xmlns" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<h:head>
<h:title ref="jr:itext('Updated_Wediko_Data_Survey')">Updated Wediko Data Survey</h:title>

<Updated_Wediko_Data_Survey id="Updated_Wediko_Data_Survey">

</Updated_Wediko_Data_Survey>

Updated Wediko Data Survey

Date and time of intervention

Staff Name

Hans Bernier

Sam Bromfield

Lynn Lim

Joselin Fernandez

Meghan Gabriel

Olivia Mora

Johanna Baez

Kristen Renshaw

Intern 1

Intern 2

Student(s) Class

Class #1

Class #2

Class #3

Class#4

Class #5

Class #6

Class #7

First and last initial of student or students

Example: AR or AR &SM

Any other staff members involved? Put first and last initial of staff member(s).

Example: JW or JW & JP

Reason and time needed for intervention.

Late Student

AC Check-in

Teacher Mtg

Counseling

Administrative Mtg

Guardian call

SET Team Referral

Teacher conference

Guardian Conference

Home Visit

Outside Referral

Initial Assessment and Goal Setting (Sept/Oct)

Mid Assessment and Goal Setting (Jan/Feb)

Final Assessment and Goal Setting (May/June)

Other

How long was the intervention? Record as a decimal

Is processing with the student needed?

Has there been an incident that needs to be discussed?

Yes

No

Ask the student, What happened? and What did you learn? and Would you do anything differently?

Ask the questions that apply to the intervention.

Issues/Themes: What was discussed?

Themes discussed, issues explored, the "meat" content of your intervention, connection to goals

Assessment and Plan

Any safety considerations. What is your plan for follow-up? e.g. one week later, contact others at home, school, or outside providers.

Is further processing is needed?

Yes

No

What was the timeline of events?

Identify a positive choice on the timeline and a negative choice on the timeline.

Identify CHOICE POINTS and places where s/he could have done something different/better.

Identify any damage caused – loss of class time, disruption to group etc and any reparations that are necessary either before rejoining class or later that day.

In terms of academics: What are your interests, preferences, and motivations?

In terms of career/vocational: What are your interests, preferences, and motivations?

In terms of personal hobbies: What are your interests, preferences, and motivations?

What are your academic strengths?

What are your academic challenges

What are your social and emotional challenges?

Examples: Good listener, persevere, good at relationships, self-aware, responsible, etc.

Self-aware (recognizing one's emotions and behaviors to achieve one's goals)

socially aware (showing understanding and empathy for others)

Good self-management (managing emotions and behaviors to achieve one's goals)

Responsible decision maker (making ethical, constructive choices about personal and social behavior)

Relationship skills (forming positive rltnshps, working in teams, dealing with conlict)

Listening and communicating accurately and clearly

Taking others' perspectives and sensing their emotions

Respecting others and self and appreciating differences

Identifying problems correctly

Setting positive and realistic goals

Problem solving, decision making, and planning

Resisting negative peer pressure

Cooperating, negotiating, and managing conflict and nonviolently

Help-seeking and help-giving

What are your social and emotional strengths?

Examples: Good listener, persevere, good at relationships, self-aware, responsible, etc.

Responsible decision maker (making ethical, constructive choices about personal and social behavior)

Relationship skills (forming positive rltnshps, working in teams, dealing with conlict)

What is one goal you have for yourself?

Brainstorm strategies/actions to achieving the goal

What resources will you need to achieve this goal?

times, support, teacher's help, etc.

What are some barriers to achieving this goal?

What is a good time frame for completing this goal?

What is a second goal you have for yourself?

Brainstorm strategies/actions to achieving this second goal

What resources will you need to achieve this second goal?

What are some barriers to achieving this second goal?

What is a good time frame for completing this second goal?

What results did you achieve with your last third goal?

</h:head>
<h:body>

</h:body>
</h:html>

THANKS A TON!!
Johanna

Thanks Yaw. Found the problem,I had a skip on the wrong line and that
has fixed this for me.

Kind regards

Adah

··· On Jan 15, 4:48 pm, Yaw Anokwa wrote: > There is something wrong with the formula in the relevant or calculate > column for prompt "/baseline_emis_data_student/section2/bs". It's > probably referring to itself. > > > > > > > > On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 3:43 AM, Adakole Kennedy wrote: > > I am building a form and when I try to upload it before converting to > > xml I get the following error: > > > Error: ODK Validate Errors: > > XPath Dependency Cycle: > > /baseline_emis_data_student/section2/bs => /baseline_emis_data_student/ > > section2/bs > > java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath > > expressions in relevant/calculate > > java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath > > expressions in relevant/calculate > > at > > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.checkDependencyCycles(XFormParser.java : > > 2415) > > at > > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.addMainInstanceToFormDef(XFormParser.j ava: > > 1590) > > at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseDoc(XFormParser.java: > > 341) > > at org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.java:272) > > at > > org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java: > > 72) > > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:322) > > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.(FormValidator.java:95) > > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.main(FormValidator.java:82) > > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) > > at > > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java: > > 57) > > at > > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImp l.java: > > 43) > > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616) > > at > > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.ja va: > > 58) > > >>> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. > > > Result: Invalid > > > I am unsure of what the problem might be. Can anyone help please? > > > -- > > Post: opendatakit@googlegroups.com > > Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com > > Options:http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

From seeing a similar issue before, my guess is that you are using unusual
quote characters. I suggest retyping the formula from your error and
switching from single to double quotes or the reverse.
Regards,
-Nathan

··· On Saturday, June 15, 2013 3:04:51 AM UTC-7, wch...@gmail.com wrote: > > I have a problem ...when publishing a form i get the following error > message > ODK Validate Errors: Invalid XPath expression [selected( ${inyour_opinion} > , ?other?)]! >> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. Result: > Invalid > > can someone help me out > > charles > > On Tuesday, 15 January 2013 14:43:37 UTC+3, Adakole Kennedy wrote: > > I am building a form and when I try to upload it before converting to > > > > xml I get the following error: > > > > > > > > Error: ODK Validate Errors: > > > > XPath Dependency Cycle: > > > > /baseline_emis_data_student/section2/bs => /baseline_emis_data_student/ > > > > section2/bs > > > > java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath > > > > expressions in relevant/calculate > > > > java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath > > > > expressions in relevant/calculate > > > > at > > > > > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.checkDependencyCycles(XFormParser.java: > > > > 2415) > > > > at > > > > > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.addMainInstanceToFormDef(XFormParser.java: > > > > 1590) > > > > at > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parseDoc(XFormParser.java: > > > > 341) > > > > at > org.javarosa.xform.parse.XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.java:272) > > > > at > > > > > org.javarosa.xform.util.XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(XFormUtils.java: > > > > 72) > > > > at > org.odk.validate.FormValidator.validate(FormValidator.java:322) > > > > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.(FormValidator.java:95) > > > > at org.odk.validate.FormValidator.main(FormValidator.java:82) > > > > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) > > > > at > > > > > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java: > > > > 57) > > > > at > > > > > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java: > > > > 43) > > > > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616) > > > > at > > > > > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java: > > > > 58) > > > > > > > > > > > > >> Something broke the parser. See above for a hint. > > > > > > > > Result: Invalid > > > > > > > > > > > > I am unsure of what the problem might be. Can anyone help please? > >

Hi Johanna,

Your form says that Question A07 is only relevant when A07=13. That's
a paradox that the form processor doesn't know what to do with. Change
that relevancy condition and I bet your form will work.

Also, in the future please attach the form to the email or an issue at
http://code.google.com/p/opendatakit/issues/

Yaw

··· -- Need ODK services? Go to http://nafundi.com for form design, data cleaning, custom reporting, and software development for ODK.

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM, jbaez@smith.edu wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am getting an error message when I try to fill in a blank survey form, "Dependency cycles amongst the xpath expressions in relevant/calculate" Does anyone know what to do?

This is my xml data:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<h:html xmlns:jr="http://openrosa.org/javarosa" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:h="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:kobo="http://www.kobotoolbox.org/xmlns" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<h:head>
<h:title ref="jr:itext('Updated_Wediko_Data_Survey')">Updated Wediko Data Survey</h:title>

<Updated_Wediko_Data_Survey id="Updated_Wediko_Data_Survey">

</Updated_Wediko_Data_Survey>

Updated Wediko Data Survey

Date and time of intervention

Staff Name

Hans Bernier

Sam Bromfield

Lynn Lim

Joselin Fernandez

Meghan Gabriel

Olivia Mora

Johanna Baez

Kristen Renshaw

Intern 1

Intern 2

Student(s) Class

Class #1

Class #2

Class #3

Class#4

Class #5

Class #6

Class #7

First and last initial of student or students

Example: AR or AR &SM

Any other staff members involved? Put first and last initial of staff member(s).

Example: JW or JW & JP

Reason and time needed for intervention.

Late Student

AC Check-in

Teacher Mtg

Counseling

Administrative Mtg

Guardian call

SET Team Referral

Teacher conference

Guardian Conference

Home Visit

Outside Referral

Initial Assessment and Goal Setting (Sept/Oct)

Mid Assessment and Goal Setting (Jan/Feb)

Final Assessment and Goal Setting (May/June)

Other

How long was the intervention? Record as a decimal

Is processing with the student needed?

Has there been an incident that needs to be discussed?

Yes

No

Ask the student, What happened? and What did you learn? and Would you do anything differently?

Ask the questions that apply to the intervention.

Issues/Themes: What was discussed?

Themes discussed, issues explored, the "meat" content of your intervention, connection to goals

Assessment and Plan

Any safety considerations. What is your plan for follow-up? e.g. one week later, contact others at home, school, or outside providers.

Is further processing is needed?

Yes

No

What was the timeline of events?

Identify a positive choice on the timeline and a negative choice on the timeline.

Identify CHOICE POINTS and places where s/he could have done something different/better.

Identify any damage caused – loss of class time, disruption to group etc and any reparations that are necessary either before rejoining class or later that day.

In terms of academics: What are your interests, preferences, and motivations?

In terms of career/vocational: What are your interests, preferences, and motivations?

In terms of personal hobbies: What are your interests, preferences, and motivations?

What are your academic strengths?

What are your academic challenges

What are your social and emotional challenges?

What are your social and emotional strengths?

What is one goal you have for yourself?

Brainstorm strategies/actions to achieving the goal

What resources will you need to achieve this goal?

What are some barriers to achieving this goal?

What is a good time frame for completing this goal?

What results did you achieve with your last third goal?

</h:head>
<h:body>

</h:body>
</h:html>

THANKS A TON!!
Johanna

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Thanks a lot Nathan....I changed and did as you said thanks it works

I owe you a drink
Charles

··· On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 12:17 AM, Nathan wrote:

From seeing a similar issue before, my guess is that you are using unusual
quote characters. I suggest retyping the formula from your error and
switching from single to double quotes or the reverse.
Regards,
-Nathan

On Saturday, June 15, 2013 3:04:51 AM UTC-7, wch...@gmail.com wrote:

I have a problem ...when publishing a form i get the following error
ODK Validate Errors: Invalid XPath expression [selected(
${inyour_opinion} , ?other?)]! >> Something broke the parser. See above for
a hint. Result: Invalid

can someone help me out

charles

On Tuesday, 15 January 2013 14:43:37 UTC+3, Adakole Kennedy wrote:

I am building a form and when I try to upload it before converting to

xml I get the following error:

Error: ODK Validate Errors:

XPath Dependency Cycle:

/baseline_emis_data_student/**section2/bs =>
/baseline_emis_data_student/

section2/bs

java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath

expressions in relevant/calculate

java.lang.RuntimeException: Dependency cycles amongst the xpath

expressions in relevant/calculate

at

org.javarosa.xform.parse.**XFormParser.checkDependencyCycles(
XFormParser.java:

at

org.javarosa.xform.parse.**XFormParser.addMainInstanceToFormDef(
XFormParser.java:

at org.javarosa.xform.parse.**XFormParser.parseDoc(**

XFormParser.java:

at org.javarosa.xform.parse.**XFormParser.parse(XFormParser.**

java:272)

at

org.javarosa.xform.util.**XFormUtils.getFormFromInputStream(
XFormUtils.java:

at org.odk.validate.**FormValidator.validate(**

FormValidator.java:322)

at org.odk.validate.**FormValidator.<init>(**

FormValidator.java:95)

at org.odk.validate.**FormValidator.main(**

FormValidator.java:82)

at sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.**invoke0(Native

Method)

at

sun.reflect.**NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:

at

sun.reflect.**DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.**java:

at java.lang.reflect.Method.**invoke(Method.java:616)

at

org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.
main(JarRsrcLoader.java:

Something broke the parser. See above for a hint.

Result: Invalid

I am unsure of what the problem might be. Can anyone help please?

--

“Innovate or die”