SOLVED: Installing Aggregate on AWS - a faller at the 10th

Trying to follow the instructions in the DOCS to install Aggregate on AWS.... https://docs.opendatakit.org/aggregate-aws/

I know this is not exactly an ODK problem, but by switching from Appspot to AWS, it becomes a problem using Aggregate!

I have fought my way through setting up an AWS account etc, created an instance and got as far as item number 10 - install tomcat...
$ sudo yum install tomcat6

I get the message (in PuTTY):

No package tomcat6 available.
Error: nothing to do

Um - what can I do here? I don't get it at all and I don't have enough knowledge of AWS or PuTTY or Linux commands to deal with this.

Is there a step that I'm missing somewhere - did I need to upload a copy of tomcat to this instance - step 9 talks about transferring files, but says nothing about which files and where to get them...

So, to experiment, I skipped 10 and installed mysql and that appears to be ok... but obviously without tomcat I'm going nowhere...

I'm feeling really stupid here - can't even follow these instructions to try the new version of Aggregate...
I've found a couple of tutorials on the interweb, but none of them have a step that needs files to be transferred before magically having tomcat running.
Would appreciate help in words of one syllable or less...

Looking at the rest of the DOCs page, I don't think I've even got to the tricky bit yet!

OK, so I figured it out, and would recommend a minor BUT SIGNIFICANT change to the docs page...

the current version of Tomcat is 7 on AWS. So the docs page is (understandably) out of date as it says to install version 6, which doesn't exist! The required command is:

$sudo yum install tomcat7

So can I make a simple suggestion that the doc includes a Tip that the version number might change - currently tomcat7 but could be any higher number in the future - there's probably a command that will identify which version is available something like

yum info tomcat* which lists the available packages called tomcat...

If you know this, it's a really stupid thing to trip up over...

Hope this stops someone else tearing their hair out for not being familiar enough with setting up a server.