Submission with High resolution camera settings

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I have a form with 5 pictures.
I left the camera settings to high resolution (13MB).
It takes me around 2 minutes to submit a form, but in the meanwhile I'm blocked to fill a new blank form.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
ODK Collect v1.16
Samsung, J7neo, versión Android 7.0, Camera 4:3 13MP

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Scaling down images fixed the problem,
https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-question-types/#scaling-down-images

But I'd like to know if other users experienced the same.
Is there a limit on High resolution images for Collect?

1 Like

There is no limit. You can use the way you mentioned https://docs.opendatakit.org/form-question-types/#scaling-down-images
and there is also an option in General Settings -> Form management -> Image size if you don't want to specify image size in each form.

1 Like

@aurdipas it sounds like this is with a manually-triggered submission, is that correct? That is, the user goes to Send Finalized Form, selects the form and sends it? That is a blocking operation. If high-resolution images are required, another option would be to turn on auto-send and this should mean submissions are sent in the background and a user can continue filling forms.

If high-res images aren't required, @Grzesiek2010 has the best solutions. :blush:

@LN The problem occurs with autosend ON.
I think due to the big size of the pictures.

That means there's a problem. When you say "I'm blocked to fill a new blank form", where exactly are you blocked? Is it on the screen that saves a finalized form? Somewhere else? What if you put your device in airplane mode, save and finalize the form, and then turn airplane mode off? Does it still hang?

After it saves when the user try to open a new blank form the app freezes. It gets stuck to the loading form till the data is not sent.

It is definitively an eccess on the images size. Reducing it the problem doesn't occurr.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Unable to fill blank form with auto send enabled