SyntaxerrorOnXmlFormFirstline

Hi, dear all.
The attached xml form (directly coded in xml) was working well until I've
transformed two of its fields(csps, codevillage) to make cascade select;
from there, if I try to upload the form in odk collect, it fails and I get
the following error message at the top of odk collect's blanks forms page:
MyFormName.xml::org.javarosa.xform.parse.XformParseException:XML.SyntaxError
at line 1,column:2 !
During a long time, I've searched for the cause of that error, but, nothing.
In advance, thanks for your help.
Best,

syntaxerroronfirstline.xml (51.7 KB)

Have you tried to use the ODK Validator? It gives the following output;
maybe you can get some leads from this?

Parsing form...
Title: "EnqteSuiviPassif_BF"
XForm Parse Warning: unrecognized data type [text]

Xform parsing completed! See above for any warnings.

Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(codevillage)/root/item].
If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete
form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that
what you intended?

··· >> Xform is valid! See above for any warnings.

On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 9:37:50 PM UTC+3, Amal wrote:

Hi, dear all.
The attached xml form (directly coded in xml) was working well until I've
transformed two of its fields(csps, codevillage) to make cascade select;
from there, if I try to upload the form in odk collect, it fails and I get
the following error message at the top of odk collect's blanks forms page:
MyFormName.xml::org.javarosa.xform.parse.XformParseException:XML.SyntaxError
at line 1,column:2 !
During a long time, I've searched for the cause of that error, but,
nothing.
In advance, thanks for your help.
Best,

Trying to solve the problem, I've uploaded the form to my Aggregate server
(succefully); but, when I start downloading it from the server to odk
collect, odk collect stops. I've repeated this action several times, but
odk collect has stopped each time at the downloading step.
Note that I've tried with odk collect 1.4.12,11 and 10, but had the same
result.
Your help, please.
Regards,

··· Le vendredi 10 février 2017 19:37:50 UTC+1, Amal a écrit : > > Hi, dear all. > The attached xml form (directly coded in xml) was working well until I've > transformed two of its fields(csps, codevillage) to make cascade select; > from there, if I try to upload the form in odk collect, it fails and I get > the following error message at the top of odk collect's blanks forms page: > MyFormName.xml::org.javarosa.xform.parse.XformParseException:XML.SyntaxError > at line 1,column:2 ! > During a long time, I've searched for the cause of that error, but, > nothing. > In advance, thanks for your help. > Best, > >

Hi, Geoeng
thanks for your reply.
for the moment, these outputs do not help me yet to detect the problem; I
still searching for it.
Best,

··· Le samedi 11 février 2017 06:24:28 UTC+1, Geoeng Systems a écrit : > > Have you tried to use the ODK Validator? It gives the following output; > maybe you can get some leads from this? > > Parsing form... > Title: "EnqteSuiviPassif_BF" > XForm Parse Warning: unrecognized data type [text] > XForm Parse Warning: unrecognized data type [text] > XForm Parse Warning: unrecognized data type [text] > XForm Parse Warning: unrecognized data type [text] > XForm Parse Warning: unrecognized data type [text] > XForm Parse Warning: unrecognized data type [text] > XForm Parse Warning: unrecognized data type [text] > XForm Parse Warning: unrecognized data type [text] > XForm Parse Warning: unrecognized data type [text] > > > >> Xform parsing completed! See above for any warnings. > > Dynamic select question has no choices! [instance(codevillage)/root/item]. > If this occurs while filling out a form (and not while saving an incomplete > form), the filter condition may have eliminated all the choices. Is that > what you intended? > > > > >> Xform is valid! See above for any warnings. > > > On Friday, February 10, 2017 at 9:37:50 PM UTC+3, Amal wrote: >> >> Hi, dear all. >> The attached xml form (directly coded in xml) was working well until I've >> transformed two of its fields(csps, codevillage) to make cascade select; >> from there, if I try to upload the form in odk collect, it fails and I get >> the following error message at the top of odk collect's blanks forms page: >> MyFormName.xml::org.javarosa.xform.parse.XformParseException:XML.SyntaxError >> at line 1,column:2 ! >> During a long time, I've searched for the cause of that error, but, >> nothing. >> In advance, thanks for your help. >> Best, >> >>

Hi, dear all.
I've finally detected the cause of that problem.
Indeed, I usually convert my html files into utf8 encodage to avoid accent
problems when displaying them in some browsers;
so, by reflex, I've done that for my attached xml file and then it couldn't
be loaded in odk collect.
To solve the problem, I've copied its content into a blank page that I
convert into xml (within my text editor).
Many thanks to all those who have tried to solve this problem.
Best,

··· Le samedi 11 février 2017 16:34:19 UTC+1, Amal a écrit : > > Trying to solve the problem, I've uploaded the form to my Aggregate server > (succefully); but, when I start downloading it from the server to odk > collect, odk collect stops. I've repeated this action several times, but > odk collect has stopped each time at the downloading step. > Note that I've tried with odk collect 1.4.12,11 and 10, but had the same > result. > Your help, please. > Regards, > > Le vendredi 10 février 2017 19:37:50 UTC+1, Amal a écrit : >> >> Hi, dear all. >> The attached xml form (directly coded in xml) was working well until I've >> transformed two of its fields(csps, codevillage) to make cascade select; >> from there, if I try to upload the form in odk collect, it fails and I get >> the following error message at the top of odk collect's blanks forms page: >> MyFormName.xml::org.javarosa.xform.parse.XformParseException:XML.SyntaxError >> at line 1,column:2 ! >> During a long time, I've searched for the cause of that error, but, >> nothing. >> In advance, thanks for your help. >> Best, >> >>