Tomcat server installation

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I want to deploy ODK aggregate on my local server using Tomcat and Postgre.
I have installed Tomcat, Posgre, Java and ODK aggregate and folowed the read me file for the final installation but when i try loading the page from the provided URL:, the page is failing to load.

followed everything in the readme file here file:///C:/okkk/ODK%20Aggregate/README.html
please help me.

Tomcat page after installation

IIS page is also running

Someone advise me please where i have gone wrong i need to upload forms so that data collection begins.Thank you
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
Using ODK aggregate 2.03 Apache tomcat 8.5.40 on windows 10
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hi,

Please check the following:

• you must have the updated version of jre
  • make sure you have configured all the environmental variables for java and tomcat
  • check whether your service is running in your tomcat

Thanks

Hi, I have the latest Java and tomcat service is also running

Have defined the environmental variables?

Share with me configurations for environmental variables

Hi,

Watch this video. I believe you will find it helpful.

Thanks

Hi thanks for the video, i have followed it to configure environment variables but still failing.
When i check the tomcat application manager it shows aggregate is running but i cannot access it.

attached is the status

some one to help me please on fixing this.

Hi,

Please try the following:

• stop the service, restart the computer and start the service again
  • if still doesn't work then check the error log and try to identify the issue
  • if you are unable to identify the issue, please share with us and one of will try to help you

Thanks

@ian try to run again the Aggregate setup and when asked for the fully qualified hostname of the ODK Aggregate server enter 127.0.0.1 instead of www.raisingthevillage.org

This has solved it, am now logged in the aggregate and created users.
Thank you so much.

Now am trying to connect to ODK Collect v1.21.1 but am failing.
in the server i have used 127.0.0.1:8080/ODKAggregate screenshot attached

when i go to get blank forms i get this error.

How can i fix it and can the data collectors send data remotely from a different network?
Thank you

If you need enumerators from a different network to send data, the simplest way to go is to install Aggregate on the cloud. https://docs.opendatakit.org/aggregate-install has instructions for a few cloud providers. I think DigitalOcean is the cheapest and easiest.

If you need to host locally, then I think the next easiest is to use the VM at https://docs.opendatakit.org/aggregate-vm/. But you must set a fully qualified domain name that is available externally and route that name to your VM. https://docs.opendatakit.org/aggregate-vm/#connecting-to-the-vm-from-external-apps has an overview.