Trouble with specify other in group of questions

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
Can XLS forms support 'specify other' options within a group of questions? When I use the specify other as a 'text' type question it works normally when not within a group of questions. Is there a way to make it work within a group of questions? When I try the text box doesn't appear within the group of questions.
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
KoBo Toolbox
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Originally I had the grouping as a field-list and one of the specify other options worked, but others are not working. When I removed the field-list then none of the other text boxes appeared when 'other' was selected.
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Information on if specify other can be used within a grouping of questions - and if so how is it achieved.
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Is your “isometamidiums medications” a field-list group? The show/hide relevance logic of a select or-other not work well within a field-list, depending on your client.

I would like it to be a field-list, but with or without this appearance I couldn't get the specify other to work. When I tested as it (without the field-list appearance) it still wouldn't show the other text box option.

It looks like you are trying to replicate what XLSForm does with ‘or_other’. Take a look at https://xlsform.org/en/#specify-other and maybe try that instead? (Btw I didn’t see anything obviously wrong in your form definition, but you might as well use the build-in functionality to accomplish the same).

Thanks, I ended up just making the text box for other not conditional on checking off the option. When it is grouped with the initial question it shows up and can be filled in if needed.