Unable to export data on "repeat questions" from ODK Aggregate

What is the problem? Please be detailed.
I am unable to export data on "repeat questions" uploaded onto ODK aggregate.

What ODK tool and version are you using? And on what device and operating system version?
I am using ODK Aggregate (I suppose the latest version), on an HP Laptop operating with Windows 10.

What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
The data on the repeat questions uploaded unto the data form on ODK Aggregate is hidden and appears only as a "view" button. When the button is clicked, a new window opens and display the data. When exporting on excel, the view button is replaced by a web-link.

What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I have tried to copy the data displayed when the view button is clicked manually to paste on an excel spreed sheet. However, this is so time consuming, and also limited by the daily access time allowed for on ODK.

Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach here.

Hi,

Export your data as JSON instead of CSV and convert your JSON file back to CSV of Excel. You can convert JSON to CSV online.

Thanks,
Imran

1 Like

Another option is to use Briefcase as detailed in Exporting Grouped & Repeated data into CSV from aggregate - #2 by Mitch_S.

I believe that Aggregate doesn't export repeats as CSV because of AppEngine timeouts. I imagine those timeouts are also likely using the JSON export if Aggregate is hosted on AppEngine. But @A.N.M_AL-IMRAN it sounds like you've had good luck with using JSON exports in the past? What service do you recommend for converting JSON to CSV?

3 Likes

Hi Hélène,

I exported as JSON in the past and even tried it this morning to check and it works fine. I just use randomly picked (Exp: https://json-csv.com/) online tool to convert JSON to CSV.

Thanks,
Imran

3 Likes