Unable to log into VM console

I'm attempting to set up ODK Aggregate for the first time using the VM on VirtualBox. I set it up, and I can access the browser interface without any issues. I was able to change my administrator password and log back in to the web interface.

I want to be able to access the system over our local network so I changed the network adapter settings from "NAT" to "Bridged Adapter" and restarted the VM. I continue to be able to log into the browser based interface using the new administrator password, but I cannot log into the VM console. I get the message: "Login incorrect".

I am using the latest VM download on the latest version of VirtualBox running on Windows 7 pro.

Welcome to the ODK forum, @AaronF!

The browser password is different than the console password. Is it possible you are mixing up the two?

I wasn't aware of that. What is the default login for the VM console and how do you change it?

See https://docs.opendatakit.org/aggregate-vm/#securing-the-vm.

Also, when you get a chance, please introduce yourself here. I'd also encourage you to add a real picture as your avatar because it helps build community!

Weird, not sure how I missed that. Must have skipped that step. Thanks.

1 Like